6.2 sparkplugs ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, found this more recent spark plug thread.

What is the trick to getting the two plugs behind the shock mount? 1 on the driver and one on the pass? I could not get my hands in there and start the plug socket.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non Supercharged 50K is a good idea. Ford says 100K...

Supercharged I would do 20-25K

JimIII

Jim what plugs/gap and cost for all 16 and is 3hrs normal time for install for a tech or can it be done in drive way in that time.

Thanks

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious why no one is running the Denso Iridium TT PT#ITV20TT 4719 .I have run them in everything . A very nice salesman at AutoZone gave me them at cost for Veterans day! Usually $7.99 Ea. The longest I have run any plug is 30k and these plugs maintained factory set gap with no show of wear. Thats why I went to them.

Bill

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer NGK. Any of the fine wire iridium plugs are good though.

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It typically takes us almost 3 hrs to change the plugs on a Roush SC truck. It's a little technical but could be done in your driveway, it does not need a lift or anything. We use the NGK 6510 plugs and gap them to .030"

NGK-6510 Spark Plug 6510 For the Ford Raptor Truck 6.2L - JDM Engineering

Is the .030 gap to prevent flame blowout? I was curious if the coils on the Raptor work like the standard DIS coils , where one fires center electrode to ground and the other ground electrode to center?

Would a voltage stabilizer using capacitance/reactance to reduce voltage noise and fluctuation?

Thanks Bill

Last edited: