6.2 sparkplugs ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TargetBow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the OEM plug's tip is different, 8 of them each... gap size varies.

All my OEM plugs were exactly the same as the replacement plugs 16 of them.
The only abnormality was that the gaps in the OEM plugs varied a lot.

TulaneBME

Reaction score
I found the OEM plug's tip is different, 8 of them each... gap size varies.

I found the same thing with my recent supercharger install. The 8 upper plugs have the thicker center electrode and the 8 lower plugs have the thinner center electrode. Also, all of the lower plugs were specifically marked with yellow paint.

LadyRaptor83

Reaction score
Bottom 8 Pugs

I was able to replace my top 8 plugs with a little fight but the bottom 8 I can not seem to get to break free, any ideas on how to get this done with out them breaking off?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
According to Chris at Freedom Motorsports NGK 6509 for naturally aspirated and 6510 for supercharged trucks.

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom 8 can be done through the wheel wells. Probably even easier if you don't have headers.

Word of wisdom here: change spark plugs BEFORE installing a super charger. Doing it 2 days later cause you didn't want to wait for a small box to arrive in the mail is a bad idea.

Last edited:

40oz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Chris at Freedom Motorsports NGK 6509 for naturally aspirated and 6510 for supercharged trucks.

Any comment on this? I have heard the same thing, and due for a plug change. About to order plugs and looking for feedback before pulling the trigger.

Thanks,

Chinmasterflex

Reaction score
The oem heat range is 6?
if so, looks like the 6509 is the oe replacement (heat range 6)
6510 is one step colder (heat range 7)

there was some previous posts stating otherwise but this appears to be consistent with what ngk has listed online

donk_316

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6510 is suggested for Supercharged trucks.
6509 for NA trucks.
All this information is out there already.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6510s will work fine in a N/A truck also. I run them in my truck and have installed them in a friends Raptor, both without issue. Gap at .030