6.2 sparkplugs ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to change my spark plugs. Should I go with OEM or is there a plug out there that people would recommend?

Also, any thing I should be aware of? This will be my first time with the 6.2.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Joe, I strongly recommend that you go with the factory recommended spark plugs. Modern vehicles with umpteen sensors and computer controlled everything have a strong tendency to react badly to aftermarket plugs. I had all kinds of trouble with Bosch plugs on my GMC Canyon. It was throwing codes, demanding service, etc. until I put factory spec plugs in it. Then it hummed like a top for another 50,000 miles till I traded it in for the Raptor. That happened twice with two sets of aftermarket plugs. The folks at Advance Auto were so familiar with the problem that they replaced the second set of plugs with factory recommended plugs FOR FREE.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice of them to take care of you.
Ok. So just order the OEM Motorcraft ones from Ford?

Should I be looking to also replace the wires as well? I do have the long tube headers which run hotter. I also have the thermal sleeves on the plugs to help protect them.

Chavante

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks JD. I went the 100K on mine and had the dealer change them just because i had heard stories. The last thing i wanted to do was have an oh shit moment on the driveway. Sure enough the guy broke two plugs when changing them.

How much at the dealer? thx

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am running NKG's, but they were a bitch for my tech to access. Took him an hour.

That's better than I expected. I'm preparing for a four hour job when the time comes. Lol

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg