6.2 sparkplugs ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's an estimate of how many hours it will take a technician to change all 16 sparkplugs on a Raptor?

Thanks!

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not change out yourself? But two plugs per cylinder I'd say what 2 hrs tops depending on access.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

really close to 3?

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, it the 6.2 like the old 5.4, where the plugs are in a hole about 10" deep. Also do they still have the 100,000 mile service interval?
I know with the 5.4 the plugs often broke on removal.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
Question, it the 6.2 like the old 5.4, where the plugs are in a hole about 10" deep. Also do they still have the 100,000 mile service interval?
I know with the 5.4 the plugs often broke on removal.

actually the 04-08 5.4 changed the service interval to 60k to try and prevent so many from breaking. In the last year they also redesigned the plug so that they are no longer suppose to break. In 08 1/2 they had another spark plug change where the ground electrode is threaded all of the way down and changed the size of spark plug socket again. I haven't attempted to pull out the one on 6.2 yet but I'm sure they are fully threaded down. The ignition coil sits on 1 spark plug then you have a wire that goes down to the second plug. They do go down in the hole a few inches I believe still with the modular engine design I don't see that going away.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A spark plug change on a Raptor should be easier than on a Honda Civic. You can see and put your hands on all 16 plugs on a Raptor, so it ought to be nothing more than standing on a stool, protecting the fenders from scratches (mind that belt buckle!), and spinning the wrench.

I do have a bit of a recommendation: do not use any plug other than the factory specification. Modern vehicles with umpteen sensors and computer controlled everything have a strong tendency to react badly to aftermarket plugs. I had all kinds of trouble with Bosch plugs on my GMC Canyon. It was throwing codes, demanding service, etc. until I put factory spec plugs in it. Then it hummed like a top for another 50,000 miles till I traded it in for the Raptor.

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually the 04-08 5.4 changed the service interval to 60k to try and prevent so many from breaking. In the last year they also redesigned the plug so that they are no longer suppose to break. In 08 1/2 they had another spark plug change where the ground electrode is threaded all of the way down and changed the size of spark plug socket again. I haven't attempted to pull out the one on 6.2 yet but I'm sure they are fully threaded down. The ignition coil sits on 1 spark plug then you have a wire that goes down to the second plug. They do go down in the hole a few inches I believe still with the modular engine design I don't see that going away.

thanks JD. I went the 100K on mine and had the dealer change them just because i had heard stories. The last thing i wanted to do was have an oh shit moment on the driveway. Sure enough the guy broke two plugs when changing them.