6.2 rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Well I hydrolocked and destroyed my 6.2 during an accident. Insurance is covering cost of repairs. Looking for rebuild kits or suggestions for rebuild shops in the Toledo Ohio area. This just happened so not sure how this will all work out. Has anyone had a dealer do a rebuild? How much? A shop? How much? Insurance is covering cost but I still have some research to do.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer does not do total engine rebuilds themselves. But they can handle a piston swap as long as no other damage is identified to the block.

A new short block from Ford Motor Company is about $5,500. Long Blocks are around $7,000
They also have certified rebuilt engines that Ford does as well with one year warranty. But fight for a new engine!!!
Total cost (everything) for removal and installation of a new engine is around $11,500 +/-

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer does not do total rebuilds themselves. But they can handle a piston swap as long as no other damage is identified to the block.

A new short block from Ford Motor Company is about $5,500. Long Blocks are around $7,000
They also have certified rebuilt engines that Ford does as well.
Total cost (everything) for removal and installation of a new engine is around $11,500 +/-
Is that cost for everything being done through the dealer or a shop? Thanks for the fast reply.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer

Having said that, here in NYC Dealer and Body shops charge about the same $130 per hour.
Especially when it's insurance claims, I believe Ford has it listed for a total of 32 hrs. for labor.
Then there are shipping cost, core return which I believe once Ford gets the old one a credit is giving back.

Also what year is the truck? Do you have extended warranty? Or are you out of warranty?

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Livernois>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Insurance will not pay for that! Would be nice but it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck is a 2010 scab. Appraiser came out and appraised at $35,000. Gave approval to move forward with repairs since a total loss would be more. The truck has 70,000 miles and the ESP coverage. Not sure how the claim affects any warranty's. Contacted a local dealer but they haven't gotten back with me yet due to holiday.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Who is your insurance company?

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

Wow, $35k and a 2010. I would of figured they would just pay a little bit more and just total it out.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score