GEN 1 6.2 maximum boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11, 12, 13 psi... these conversations always get me because I come from the diesel world prior to my Raptor. Truck in sig would hit 40 psi just hitting it on the street. 7.3 after this one would hit 50 psi under load. Some Cummins guys see 60+ on street trucks and with pulling trucks, the sky is the limit...

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11, 12, 13 psi... these conversations always get me because I come from the diesel world prior to my Raptor. Truck in sig would hit 40 psi just hitting it on the street. 7.3 after this one would hit 50 psi under load. Some Cummins guys see 60+ on street trucks and with pulling trucks, the sky is the limit...

those are not super charged gas motors they are turbo diesels built way different.

Reaction score
Are you going to use a voltage boost to help the pump run more consistently?

Something like this?

https://www.lethalperformance.com/j...n-by-maf-map-tps-or-ground-plug-and-play.html

Also 3 gal/min is insane!

Are you going to throw **** on to help with the octane?

900 rwhp is something like 1,110 at the crank! I hope you post what you are working on... I'm sure we would all like to see

Be careful!...I've run 12 lbs of boost on a TT setup and now I'm on a build that will handle 16-ish. The limiting factor and danger of running over 11 lbs or so is running out of fuel. The reason I logged on today was to find out if there are any upgraded fuel rails for the 6.2. I'm looking to make about 900 RWHP and found a pump setup that will deliver over 3 gal/minute. You don't want to run out a fuel...KABLOOY!
The short answer is that 11 lbs is probably OK for a while...AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A GOOD TUNE. (Better upgrade your tranny...it's a cheap investment).

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with dual 450's AND a voltage booster....That should get me enough fuel. Looks like I'm going to just fab some rails out of my existing ones. May have to upgrade from my 95lb injectors...but we'll see. I'll have multiple tunes, some for normal gas and some for E85 (which means I need like 30% more fuel). I'm going into it with the idea of making it capable of 1,200 hp at the crank.
I'm not sure, but I think it will be one of a kind.

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. I'm running 60 lb/hr injectors with stock pump. I have a fuel pressure gauge and an air/fuel gauge so I can keep my eye on things. My tune is relatively conservative (it's on the rich side).

We have(had) a guy on the forum (Biggest) who built a larger displacement Whipple truck that was pushing ~ 800 at the rear. If you're still looking for input you could check with him on his fuel system.

I also know Livernois has done a few 6.6 Whipple and also 6.6 twin turbo trucks. They are pretty active on the forum.

Have. I’m still alive!

SD_Plat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little more insane

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 AM ----------

A little more insane

Well thats a tease... how about an update :) I followed your build closely and would love to hear how everything is holding up.