Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1]

6.2 maximum boost

This is a discussion on 6.2 maximum boost within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-6.2 Liter V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
its an old question but had to ask again cause i couldn't find an answer i am running whipple stage ...

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes

Sponsored By: GotExhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2017, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Exclamation 6.2 maximum boost
its an old question but had to ask again cause i couldn't find an answer
i am running whipple stage 2 SC which has the big cooler with dual fan and the oval throttle body, and running ID injectors 65 ( which worth every dollar i paid for the truck is more derivable and programmable ) stainless tubes long tube with racing catalytic converters and stock cat back ( the cops here are to sensitive to sound ) i am running 95 octane fuel.
the SC came with 3.250 pulley lately i installed a boost gauge which showed 11 PSI boost at full throttle every one told me that is not safe for a stock 6.2 engine, but i have a friend who has the same setup and he drives his truck like he stole it but has no issues at all for 3 years except he blow his gear box ones.
is 11 PSI safe on a stock 6.2 engine based on experience or expecting to fail ?
will running ethanol makes it safer ?
appreciate you knowledge

dxbraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Are stock raptors even e85 safe? I'd say 11 psi would probably be fine, that's still a fairly low psi number and I've seen some crazy set ups on here.

But get others opinions, my truck is naturally aspirated.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
dxbraptor likes this.
waddellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Stage one pulls is 6-8 lbs of boost yours is at 11lbs how much more you wanting to push it? 14-15? What HP numbers are you getting with 95 octain ? Did you change your oil gears! Last question I promis lol what or who tuned it?
That’s got to be a blast to drive you can smoke Camaro sand mustangs all day long in your big ass truck lol
ROCKETW19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
Stage one pulls is 6-8 lbs of boost yours is at 11lbs how much more you wanting to push it? 14-15? What HP numbers are you getting with 95 octain ? Did you change your oil gears! Last question I promis lol what or who tuned it?
Thatís got to be a blast to drive you can smoke Camaro sand mustangs all day long in your big ass truck lol
I have enough boost but I need to know is 11 psi safe . I never dayned it but I am happy when I smoke some high end range rovers . I didnít change the oil pump gears yet but I change the oil grade as we have very hot weather . I am not sure the name of the tuner I think Daytona beach performance maybe , but they are very good with ford unfoutunalty they are very slow to respond , the wait is worth it.
The biggest deference was with injectors never tune with stock injector they are crap use injector Daynamics they are the best .
Old 11-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by dxbraptor View Post
I have enough boost but I need to know is 11 psi safe . I never dayned it but I am happy when I smoke some high end range rovers . I didnít change the oil pump gears yet but I change the oil grade as we have very hot weather . I am not sure the name of the tuner I think Daytona beach performance maybe , but they are very good with ford unfoutunalty they are very slow to respond , the wait is worth it.
The biggest deference was with injectors never tune with stock injector they are crap use injector Daynamics they are the best .
I do not see why 11 isn't safe that's typical stage 2 is my guess. I thought you wanted to go higher?
yes I agree on injectors. the kit I have on order comes with 60lbs gotta feed the beast.
im sure someone with a gauge will chime in or call whipple and ask what the stage 2 just to be sure
ROCKETW19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

Your PCM will give any OBDII reader the accurate boost readings.

Been running 11 to 11.5 for five years because I have full stock exhaust and 3.250 pulley.

Your best solution is the go with the new Whipple Gen 3 compressor upgrade.
Guarantied 40 rwhp and 50 torque!!!

Big news for Whipple guys

Are you converting the 95 number on the fuel rating? Because 95 Ron is like 90 to 91 octane, which is OK.
98 Ron (UAE) is closer to 93 octane (US) and will give the best performance. But I hear it's stupid expensive over there.

Also I believe you meant Methnol/Water injection correct?
This is a very safe method to increase HP and cool down the intercooler and bring the air intake temp down.

Are you the one that ask about using heavier weight oil?
Don't do it!!!! Stick with 5W-20 but use Mobil 1 Extended.
Truckzor likes this.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo

Last edited by MTF; 11-27-2017 at 05:10 PM.
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

I have a 3.125" pulley, a monoblade, and full exhaust. I also have a full set of aftermarket gauges and about 10k on my motor since the build. So far it's been rock solid.
MTF and metronyc like this.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Thank you all for the replies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tretopflir likes this.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Be careful!...I've run 12 lbs of boost on a TT setup and now I'm on a build that will handle 16-ish. The limiting factor and danger of running over 11 lbs or so is running out of fuel. The reason I logged on today was to find out if there are any upgraded fuel rails for the 6.2. I'm looking to make about 900 RWHP and found a pump setup that will deliver over 3 gal/minute. You don't want to run out a fuel...KABLOOY!
The short answer is that 11 lbs is probably OK for a while...AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A GOOD TUNE. (Better upgrade your tranny...it's a cheap investment).

Last edited by Sigmoid; 12-15-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Sigmoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Sigmoid View Post
Be careful!...I've run 12 lbs of boost on a TT setup and now I'm on a build that will handle 16-ish. The limiter and and danger of running over 11 lbs or so is running out of fuel. The reason I logged on today was to find out if there are any upgraded fuel rails for the 6.2. I'm looking to make about 900 RWHP and found a pump setup that will deliver over 3 gal/minute. You don't want to run out a fuel...KABLOOY!
The short answer is that 11 lbs is probably OK for a while...AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A GOOD TUNE. (Better upgrade your tranny...it's a cheap investment).
Agree. I'm running 60 lb/hr injectors with stock pump. I have a fuel pressure gauge and an air/fuel gauge so I can keep my eye on things. My tune is relatively conservative (it's on the rich side).

We have(had) a guy on the forum (Biggest) who built a larger displacement Whipple truck that was pushing ~ 800 at the rear. If you're still looking for input you could check with him on his fuel system.

I also know Livernois has done a few 6.6 Whipple and also 6.6 twin turbo trucks. They are pretty active on the forum.
Biggest likes this.