6.2 Blue Valve/Cam Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fwiw dorman makes stud clips
7851fc4b1c1ba06007f038ba35b6a336.jpg/QUOTE]

Good info on the Dorman clip. I may use one on the right rear plug wire as it is a bitch to get to with two hands to attach a zip tie.

The Dorman plug wire clip is too small to fit on the cam cover studs. I had to drill it out several bit sizes to thread it on. Then the thin flimsy plastic hinge material promptly gave up, so the closure portion of it fell off. The plug wire snaps in tight to the "C" portion, so the wire is still held firmly.

mpk1996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it begins.
b2a3a1a923895a57c7992007feeb4b5d.jpg

Also i tested the metal and 100% they are aluminum. Which raises the question if the original 2011 were aluminum too...as well as the Ford racing ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sorry for bringing back this old thread. these look great. how have they held up? what paint did you use? any other tips?

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sorry for bringing back this old thread. these look great. how have they held up? what paint did you use? any other tips?

I used ford blue engine paint from oriellys, they had a couple shades, i used the brightest blue.
They look as good as the day i did them. All you really deal with under the hood is heat and dust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
Old thread....But, I'm wondering anyone else like me getting ready to give up on finding Mag/Alum covers and painting the plastic ones? Pics and ideas greatly appreciated. So far I've thought of either (after a good cleaning and light roughing up the surface) painting with a plastic paint primer and then as suggested a Ford Blue paint for an Auto store or even a color matched paint made???

Waiting for input

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread....But, I'm wondering anyone else like me getting ready to give up on finding Mag/Alum covers and painting the plastic ones? Pics and ideas greatly appreciated. So far I've thought of either (after a good cleaning and light roughing up the surface) painting with a plastic paint primer and then as suggested a Ford Blue paint for an Auto store or even a color matched paint made???

Waiting for input

I've got a pair of the alum. covers, new in the original boxes, not powder coated (raw finish).