6.2 Blue Valve/Cam Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a set of cam covers that I'm going to get blue powder coated. From all of the images I've seen of originals, the finish looks to me matte (not glossy)? And, is the finish smooth or rough (wrinkle)? I see powder coat material is available both ways.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a set of cam covers that I'm going to get blue powder coated. From all of the images I've seen of originals, the finish looks to me matte (not glossy)? And, is the finish smooth or rough (wrinkle)? I see powder coat material is available both ways.

looks like a smooth matte to me. what did you decide?

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like a smooth matte to me. what did you decide?
I decided on a matte wrinkle finish. It is color E-9128B Ozotech Blue, a Prismatic color from NIC in Oregon. It was the nearest color to a set of wrinkle blue covers on a friend's Coyote engine.
The covers are still at the powder coaters, so I haven't seen the finished product (he is slower than I expected).

Last edited:

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks much better than the original black plastic cam covers. One done, one to go. More time consuming than I figured, mostly making and installing the little aluminum tabs for the wire harness and spark plug wires.

Last edited:

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Ouch 300 each, if they do have them. I just got silver (unpainted) ones on eBay, two sets left, I'm going to paint them myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought that was 309 for the set.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks much better than the original black plastic cam covers. One done, one to go. More time consuming than I figured, mostly making and installing the little aluminum tabs for the wire harness and spark plug wires.

Ford makes a clip specially for those. My crown Vic has them... Still trying to find the part number.
I do like what you did tho

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

I thought that was 309 for the set.

Hmm. maybe it is for the pair

*Edit that's San Leandro Ford... i called them in my search. They don't have them in stock and they are not available

Last edited: