5 star tunes - from device to computer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
First off, Mike at 5 star is amazing to deal with! Awesome guy and great reccomendations! Second, I saved my stock tune file to my computer for back up. How do I save the 5 custom tunes to my desktop for back up? Incase something happens to the device, it would be nice to be able to re-upload the tunes easily. Thanks in advance!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to SCTs website and download their app on your PC...hook the SCT up to your PC with the USB cable...open the SCT app and follow the prompts...it will save your stock tune and your custom tunes as well...the SCT app will also load any available updates to your SCT...

Pretty straight forward...only works with PC not MAc

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Go to SCTs website and download their app on your PC...hook the SCT up to your PC with the USB cable...open the SCT app and follow the prompts...it will save your stock tune and your custom tunes as well...the SCT app will also load any available updates to your SCT...

Pretty straight forward...only works with PC not MAc

I have the app and I downloaded the stock tune but there isn't anywhere that says you can put the tune onto the computer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the app and I downloaded the stock tune but there isn't anywhere that says you can put the tune onto the computer

First I assume you a saying you can't save your "stock" tune to your PC via SCT Device Update.

I plugged my SCT tuner into the USB port on my computer, downloaded the latest update to the software on the PC v. 2.9.8.57

Under advanced options click -> "Get Stock File From Device"
Select -> browse to select where the file will be save on your PC
I selected the desktop. It took about 5 seconds The file is a .bef

As far as the after market tunes...I had mine emailed to me from Mike @5Star and I saved them on the PC and made a backup on a flash drive along with t he stock I carry in the truck...

So the only way to get your custom tunes on your PC and backed up is to call and have them emailed to you... If there is another way I am not aware of it

Hope that helps...

Fred

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
First I assume you a saying you can't save your "stock" tune to your PC via SCT Device Update.

I plugged my SCT tuner into the USB port on my computer, downloaded the latest update to the software on the PC v. 2.9.8.57

Under advanced options click -> "Get Stock File From Device"
Select -> browse to select where the file will be save on your PC
I selected the desktop. It took about 5 seconds The file is a .bef

As far as the after market tunes...I had mine emailed to me from Mike @5Star and I saved them on the PC and made a backup on a flash drive along with t he stock I carry in the truck...

So the only way to get your custom tunes on your PC and backed up is to call and have them emailed to you... If there is another way I am not aware of it

Hope that helps...

Fred

That helped me. I have the stock tune backed up on my computer and a flash drive just not The 5 custom tunes. I will have mike email them to me. Thanks!!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool glad you got your stock tune backed up and safe...yeah once you get the tunes emailed to you from Mike and saved...you can use the App to browse for the custom tunes and reflash to your SCT if needed...or a new SCT if something happens...

OP
OP
Raptor Embroidery

Raptor Embroidery

Reaction score
Cool glad you got your stock tune backed up and safe...yeah once you get the tunes emailed to you from Mike and saved...you can use the App to browse for the custom tunes and reflash to your SCT if needed...or a new SCT if something happens...

Alright sweet gotcha!

Man this thing really wakes the Raptor up!!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my 5 star in the mail today....waiting on them to send me the Raptor tunes...excited to awaken the beast!

You won't be disappointed. What tunes did you purchase from 5Star?

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Wait 5star did not send the SCT with the custom tunes preloaded ?