5 star tune question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmccown

Reaction score
I am extremely pleased with the 91 octane performance tune on my 6.2. The difference between stock and the 91P tune makes me wonder if there is a tune available that will net more HP and still be good for DD.

slinger1

Reaction score
I am extremely pleased with the 91 octane performance tune on my 6.2. The difference between stock and the 91P tune makes me wonder if there is a tune available that will net more HP and still be good for DD.

Same here......only had mine tuned a week or so but the 91 tune is great....Was going to try the 89 DD tune but had to fill her up 1 more time with 91....The tuner is my only performance mod so far....Could maybe get a few more hp with cai and exhaust...Gotta build up some funds....

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys get 93 octane where you are? If so, get the 93 perf. It is even better. Then if you want more-cold air intake, headers and exhaust. Speed is expensive but so worth it!!! I did everything possible, then went supercharged. 565 rwhp now. Crazy!

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had 5 Star send me an adjusted tune package for the AFE CAI. I'm running the 87 Street tune. It's great! Took a trip to Chicago and back this week. Highway manners and shifting was awesome. Got around 13.5 on the highway. Shift points on WOT and in the city were spot-on as well.

I'm sticking with the Steet tune to see how it does off-road. So far, so good.....

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys get 93 octane where you are? If so, get the 93 perf. It is even better. Then if you want more-cold air intake, headers and exhaust. Speed is expensive but so worth it!!! I did everything possible, then went supercharged. 565 rwhp now. Crazy!

About how much would you say you were putting down before throwing on the supercharger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have the x4 with 5stars 93 tune for my 2014 roush stage 2, but when i really open it up I am getting an extremely hard shift in 3rd that has me worried enough that I got a second tune from SVC offroad. Any body else experiencing this? Also the SVC is occasionally causing the engine light to come on code p420 or something having to do with the O2 sensors that appears to correct itself immediately but the light stays on. Any info on my issues is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will answer both question:
Aaron313-So tune and CAI $700, full kooks LT exhaust 4k, throttle body-$650, nkg plugs-$100, That was really all you can do without changing gears or going supercharged. Supercharging is 9-10k roughly, but really worth it. You might get 75hp with all that stuff before the supercharger, and it will sound way better.

rampantwarrior- These tunes push the engine to its limits when asking for top end performance, I had hard shifts as well with 5*. I also had a bunch of o2 sensors getting thrown before and after sc. My engine light stays on. You have to replace the sensor. I ordered mine. Let me get you the part number.

jaymers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had 5 Star send me an adjusted tune package for the AFE CAI. I'm running the 87 Street tune. It's great! Took a trip to Chicago and back this week. Highway manners and shifting was awesome. Got around 13.5 on the highway. Shift points on WOT and in the city were spot-on as well.

I'm sticking with the Steet tune to see how it does off-road. So far, so good.....

Who do you work with at 5-star? I purchased my tunes from Chris a month ago when my truck was completely stock. I now have a CAI and BBK Throttle Body so I wanted my tunes modified. Mike at 5* told me my tunes wouldn't need modified. But they were written for no CAI…… I've had other local Raptor owners that have tried both 5-star and SVC tell me that they do need to be modified, esp because of the CAI. I have 4 tunes but have only ran the 91 DS tune. Thanks.