5 Star 93 oct perf tune , daily driver.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running the 93 street tune and noticed I would put it in tow mode and kick off stab control 99% of the time. Truck seems to pull awesome on this tune and seems totally streetable though I will kick it down to an 87 economy tune come winter. Anyone out there running this as their DD tune? Only other mods is exhaust, CAI, and engine,trans,diff,p.s. cooling mods. I love this truck. Will probably do some ignition work down the road. averaging 12mpg city 15mpg highway.

Bill

I have been running this tune year round for 12k miles now and love it. I constantly drop the hammer just for the hell of it to hear it wind up and feel that pull, but also farting around town how it holds the lower gears. I average 10.5 though lol both city and highway. My new KM2's don't help but F it I mean why else did we buy these trucks

I leave the S&B cold air lid off just to hear that honk. And I have a pedal commander too but didn't like how jerky the truck was with it in conjunction with the tune so now I just leave that turned off.

Believe it or not I haven't done an exhaust yet since the stocker sounds pretty good but do plan on a dirty deeds 12".

aff271f66358c8491ba0aa1301b0fdaa.jpg

Story of my life!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sitting here Scratching my head!
Another Silly question!
WHY????! Run a Performance Tune along with Pedal Commander?!!!!! Something doesn't seems right.
It's like wearing " Belt and Suspenders "
Is the Engine isn't any good? ( Think we know the answer to that )
OR! ??????
The Tune isn't any good?
OR! ?????
Is it Pedal Commander?????
Somewhere in this equation, negative return comes into play.
I'm truly sorry, but some of this doesn't makes a lick of sense to me.
I installed tune, exhaust and intake when truck was new and they made a very noticeable difference in power. I've had the pedal commander for almost a year and it increases throttle response and that's all, still noticeable with a tune.

14 BlackScrew RR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the two program is Dominant, and the other is Dormant.
One is in the Driver seat, while the other is in the back seat.
They both are designed to do just about the same thing, hence the negative return on one of the two.
Use each one separately, and see which of the two you prefer.
From what I've been reading, with a GOOD Tune, you shouldn't need the Pedal Commander.
Take a look at this thread.........
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f24/jdm-tune-pedal-commander-both-56213/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Camperguy

Camperguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just curious if I could make up the mpgs lost in winter. I have always had bed caps and tool boxes,spares,gas cans and extraction equipment. Which would usually add 500-600lbs. I only have a bed box now with about 150lbs in it. I also would run studded Goodyear Duratracks in the winter. Which is an awesome setup for snow,ice. I will have to just take it easy with the Raptor until I get use to its handling come winter. Next year I will get a set of Studded Duratracks for sure. Im still up in the air about the cap. Aint cheap for the Raptor. Im hoping the BFG ATS should be decent.

Bill

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

I am curious if the guys running both pedal commanders and tunes. Just bought the Commander first then upgraded. Im very happy with 5Stars tunes. The 93 performance tune is awesome, throttle response is right there and shifting is super tight. Did take a 3-4mpg hit.

Bill