4.56 Gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well I'm asking about buying oem from Ford since aftermarket won't work. Now I'm being told not to including a front diff parts with a truck that doesn't have it. I'm not making it complicated. Also even if there is a diff place I can't leave my truck there. I'm in sc for work this is my only means of transportation. I've looked at vendors, couldn't find any one that has anything for a 2010 rear diff. Telling me that your shop ordered gears for you and telling me to contact a vendor doesn't really help with what I'm asking

I'm confused with what exactly you are trying to replace or accomplish. I can get you anything you need. pm sent!!

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may have been mistaken about the 2010 rear diff. the 2011 run a bigger housing so they are the ones that need a bigger race. I will confirm tomorrow.

Mufaza2

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread to get a consensus of what you all are running. Going up to 37's soon and was wondering if 4.56 or 4.88 is the way to go. Doing mostly street driving with occasional off road/dunes trips. Thanks in advance.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have heavy 37s with 4.88s. I'm happy with them. I haven't ridden in one with 4.56s and 37s so I can't speak to the difference.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are doing mostly road then 4.56.

4.88 is if you do more dirt.

With 37 the net gain of 4.56 is a 3% increase in traction effort. Obviously more if you stay on 35. 4.88 means you are at high revs eating fuel. I have to drive a minimum of 2 hours to go play in desert so that adds up over long haul.

Mufaza2

Reaction score
Thanks for all your responses. :mwah1: Sorry for the newb question, but would 4.56 running 37s be the closest to 4.10 running 35s (stock configuration)?