4.56 Gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So once these tires are done I'm going to go with 37s. Thing is I have a 5.4, obviously a 2010. So what gears would I benefit most from?

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read some of this. Only gathered that the 2010 is different. I'm in need of replacing mine. Either 4.10 or upgrade. My question, which will work on a 2010??

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read some of this. Only gathered that the 2010 is different. I'm in need of replacing mine. Either 4.10 or upgrade. My question, which will work on a 2010??

All you need to do is call east coast gear supply and tell them
You need parts for a 2010. The only difference is the pinion bearing race. I believe @RPG could hook you up with lockers for the front and rear also. Another good upgrade to do would be to upgrade to 35 spline axles. That will require a new carrier. About another $1000 from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call a diff shop as well.

I spoke to my install shop and they can order Ukon gears. It is not as "special" as reported.

The install kit is specific and a good shop can get that.

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting those Yukon gears but wanted the complete kit to replace everything as well. Contacted stage3motor sports but they said to go oem. If the pinion bearing is the only thing that changes then a oem one should suffice but I don't want to go through the same issue. I contacted was coast gear, waiting on a reply. Can't really go to a diff shop seeing as I'm in sc for work. Just wanted to get what I needed and get it installed.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in nc if you need a install. You cannot !!!!!! Use oem pinion bearing as the pinion is a different size. You will need the the setup kits for the front and rear diffs. They come with all the shims and bearings needed. Should be around $1000 total for the front and rear gears and setup kits. I also like to run the solid spacers instead of a crush washer. It is a more difficult install which will cost you more but if your seal leaks on a run you can just remove the pinion nut and replace the seal without removing the whole diff carrier to replace the crush washer. The crush washer is a one time use component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I can't use the oem bearing for oem gears on my 2010 without front diff? I'm just going to buy a 2011 rear axle and upgrade gears. I would need help with that lol

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
your making this more complicated than you need to. Take the truck to a differential shop, has to be one some where. Or just support one of the forum sponsors such as @TMX

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your making this more complicated than you need to. Take the truck to a differential shop, has to be one some where. Or just support one of the forum sponsors such as @TMX

Well I'm asking about buying oem from Ford since aftermarket won't work. Now I'm being told not to including a front diff parts with a truck that doesn't have it. I'm not making it complicated. Also even if there is a diff place I can't leave my truck there. I'm in sc for work this is my only means of transportation. I've looked at vendors, couldn't find any one that has anything for a 2010 rear diff. Telling me that your shop ordered gears for you and telling me to contact a vendor doesn't really help with what I'm asking

Last edited: