36 Gallon Fuel Tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, we all know that the SCrews have a 36 gallon fuel tank. My question is this: I just filled up tonight because my truck showed that I only had 50 miles to empty.

Per the mileage run I averaged 11 mpg (all city). I filled up and the pump kicked off at 28.828 gallons.

Where am I off?

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed mine is off when I fill up from anywhere to a half gallon to a lil over a gallon. The mpg is closer though. Hmm?

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you hit the pump limit per purchase? A lot of the stations here in Texas will shut off at $75. I am not sure why but it is majorly annoying when you are fueling up your boat.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you hit the pump limit per purchase? A lot of the stations here in Texas will shut off at $75. I am not sure why but it is majorly annoying when you are fueling up your boat.

That's what I thought at first but considering the pumped stopped cold at $94.84 and 28.828 gallons, I don't see that being the problem considering it's a very odd number to shut off at.

Go by the gallon used,not by miles left.

I would be nervous of running out of gas and being let stranded.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you, man. My truck can scream low fuel at me for 20 miles and I chicken out (I pushed my 2010 Supercab to the limit and ran out as I was pulling in) and no matter what I do -- I'll NEVER put in over 29-31 gallons. I almost want to drive around with a 5 spot in the bed just as a saving grace.

I don't know why, but I never can get even close to 36 gallons, even when I travel over the magical 500 mile barrier on the highway.

Come to think of it, here in Florida some stations cut you off at either $75 or $85, depending on if you use debit or credit. It'll shut off at $85 and then only take another half gallon before it auto shuts off.

@ $3.31/gallon, that's almost 26 gallons. Then it takes less than a gallon and auto shuts off on me. That last fill up I did it was yelling at me with 30 miles to go, which if we got 15mpg (ha, which is a stretch), would be two gallons and would be 28. Where is the other 8?

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I noticed mine is off when I fill up from anywhere to a half gallon to a lil over a gallon. The mpg is closer though. Hmm?

I wanted to see what mine would do as far as HOW LOW I can go. On the trip back from Arkansas I wanted to get my $1.00 per gallon at Krogers discount. I stopped and put in $20 in Greenville and then another $10 in Rowlette and drove with the gas light on and the fuel meter screaming and I think the digits turns yellow once you get low and then the display goes into that grey with orange letters thing saying LOW FUEL. I put in 34.5 gallons.

You can't say the truck won't tell you your running low! HAhahaaaaa.

BDRAG