2014 Raptor Roush TVS 2300 Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you can use octane booster to compensate on the fuel quality .

Bad Idea, if your not consistent with spark plug changes you will notice Octane booster often leaves a heavy coat of orange/red deposits on the spark plugs and 02 wide bands. This will foul the plugs and skew the sensor readings. This build up can lead to a misfire. Also not to mention if this is what ends up on your plugs and 02's after being being burned it means your fuel pump filter and fuel filters are being contaminated probably as well.

To Boost Octane I will only ever recommend to mix Sunoco or VP Racing fuel 100-104 UNLEADED Octane fuel, lightly. Like a 5:1 Ratio (91/93: Race fuel) This is the only true way to safely raise octane levels in a street vehicle.

If you use octane booster I recommend you change your plugs after each tank of fuel ran. You will see evidence of the red/orange coating I am warning you of.

JimIII

DSC00237.jpg

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's why you have to ask for it. Every gas station should have blender pumps so you can choose if you want 0% to 98% ethanol.

metronyc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't propose to use octane buster on permanent bases ,only on full tank if you got bad or low grade fuel .

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That's why you have to ask for it. Every gas station should have blender pumps so you can choose if you want 0% to 98% ethanol.

Say Whatttt? Not in New Jersey, I've never seen anything available except the sticker that says "Contains up to 10 % Ethanol" No other choices of less of more ethanol.

JimIII

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Buy good fuel, there should not be a problem getting at least 85 octane now days with ethanol.

Maybe not in South Dakota but here on the East Coast you get what you get, no options. I think the closest place that sells E85 is almost 2 hours away from our shop. Not to mention with these supercharged trucks we are at the limitations of the fuel pump now, Heavy Ethanol mix fuel will require a richer burn and more demand from the fuel system. It's better Octane but we would be forced to install a Return style system with big Pump, Rails, and Regulator. Do-able but a big expensive task.

JimIII

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Say Whatttt? Not in New Jersey, I've never seen anything available except the sticker that says "Contains up to 10 % Ethanol" No other choices of less of more ethanol.

JimIII

Get everyone you know to start asking for blender pumps, that is what the gov subsidies was for to help get them at your local gas stations. We have a choose at the pump ask for yours. Some blender pumps only allow you to pick from 10 20 30 40 50 or 85%

At my local gas station they just took out the non becose no one was using it, now we have e-10 where the non use to be. Then thay put e-20 where the 10 was e-30 Stayed where it was, but it is a small station.

You need the tune becose of octain? I'm asking it would be the same if you had non ethanol octain right.
I never tuned and ran e-30 with headers CAI but I now have a tune and tuned it to run with e-30 but it's the same or I don't change it if I run 91 regular

I run e-30 in everything so didn't see the point in having to tune for it but did for the shift point it's better I can get a 3rd gear chirp after it was tuned with a safe tune lol. I love my set up. Some day I hope to sc a mustang.

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Get everyone you know to start asking for blender pumps, that is what the gov subsidies was for to help get them at your local gas stations. We have a choose at the pump ask for yours. Some blender pumps only allow you to pick from 10 20 30 40 50 or 85%

At my local gas station they just took out the non becose no one was using it, now we have e-10 where the non use to be. Then thay put e-20 where the 10 was e-30 Stayed where it was, but it is a small station.

You need the tune becose of octain? I'm asking it would be the same if you had non ethanol octain right.
I never tuned and ran e-30 with headers CAI but I now have a tune and tuned it to run with e-30 but it's the same or I don't change it if I run 91 regular

I run e-30 in everything so didn't see the point in having to tune for it but did for the shift point it's better I can get a 3rd gear chirp after it was tuned with a safe tune lol. I love my set up. Some day I hope to sc a mustang.

Well Fuels like E85 require burning a much richer Air to Fuel mixture. I'm not sure what E30 would require but the E85 requires running as rich as 9:1 where traditional Non-Ethanol or E-10 Fuels are around 14.7:1 stoich. Burning that rich of a mixture requires more demand on the fueling components. This requires major tuning changes as well. Again only basing my knowledge of E-85.

The Factory PCM on Flex Fuel vehicles allows the fuel mixture to adapt based on which fuel selection you put in the vehicle. But that is on stock parameters. Adding Exhaust, Cold Air intake, A Supercharger!!! is going to change the dynamics of the tuning and how much fuel is required. That's when good custom tuning makes a difference!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20