2013 6.2 5 Star Tune Dyno Results!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blane

Reaction score
So I have a 2014 with 6.2L. I just dyno'd it yesterday and hit 246 RWHP. Tech said it looked like there was detonating (pinging) going on. This is all stock and was looking for at least 300 RWHP. Going to add a K&N CAI but wanted to see what it was doing before I did. Need help identifying what is going on. I am running 91 octane. Brand of gas? But just the gas is not going to give me a 50 HP drop. My truck needs help. Only has 22k on milage and still runs great.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have a 2014 with 6.2L. I just dyno'd it yesterday and hit 246 RWHP. Tech said it looked like there was detonating (pinging) going on. This is all stock and was looking for at least 300 RWHP. Going to add a K&N CAI but wanted to see what it was doing before I did. Need help identifying what is going on. I am running 91 octane. Brand of gas? But just the gas is not going to give me a 50 HP drop. My truck needs help. Only has 22k on milage and still runs great.

Your truck already has a CAI on it. Although, I'm sure the K&N filter will be much better. Doubt you'll see much of any RWHP change. But I'm looking forward to your results.

I don't have anything for your current situation.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got the runt of the litter or you're somewhere really high in altitude

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Blane

Reaction score
Looks like you got the runt of the litter or you're somewhere really high in altitude

Actually, I'm in Phoenix Az so altitude should not be a big factor. The truck is not a Raptor, confession time. But it does have the same motor as the Raptor or so I am led to believe.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drop in performance air filter and a SVC Tune is what you want. 5 Star gets good reviews too.

But if your getting pinging being all stock, bring her in to the dealer first!!!!
Either the Dyno Tech didn't set the correction values up right or you have mechanical issues.
More likely it's mechanical, and/or bad fuel.
The dealer with Ford's Diagnostic's software will figure out what the issue is.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Actually, I'm in Phoenix Az so altitude should not be a big factor. The truck is not a Raptor, confession time. But it does have the same motor as the Raptor or so I am led to believe.

Well then you have a f250 ffv chip it for that should run some good numbers.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@svtfanily619 your Raptor sounds so freaking mean. I want to get the Livernois heads and cams so bad, some day my friend some day.

ArchSammael

Reaction score
Soo.....did you ever dyno with the new parts? I kept reading and getting hopeful until I got to the last page and was so let down! I'm invested in this project now! Even though it's like...5 years old.