2013 6.2 5 Star Tune Dyno Results!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All my vehicles are registered in MI not in VA so I can install LT's if I feel like it ...

The Vette has Kooks LTs and high flow cats...I have heard that no cats can cause a nasty smell in the cockpit...

I wonder how much HP one would pick up with no Cats.? I know a clogged one will kill your hp...

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
What's up with the ledge at 3800 RPM? Does the 5-star tune simply not modify any tables left of 3800?

In any case, that's an impressive increase!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Funny that people are so fast to buy a tuner for their truck that adds 17 hp and 21ft tq but dont want shorty headers cause they dont give as much as LT headers. Yet shortys will pass any state emission test and LTs wont...

The real question is why would you live in a state that has emissions testing? Long tube cat delete all the way!!!!!
In Texas, as long as you don't have a CEL, you should pass emissions. They don't really do visual checks here. There are ways to set the tune up with LTs and cats that will pass. The only thing that gives a clue something is up is that one of the readiness checks will come back as "not ready", but on OBD II vehicles, that is allowed here and will pass.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

My G8 has been on that very dyno, twice.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Texas, as long as you don't have a CEL, you should pass emissions. They don't really do visual checks here. There are ways to set the tune up with LTs and cats that will pass. The only thing that gives a clue something is up is that one of the readiness checks will come back as "not ready", but on OBD II vehicles, that is allowed here and will pass.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

My G8 has been on that very dyno, twice.

I chose not to deal with the ******** that a dealer can offer with LT's installed. Unless you have a great dealer( ha ha.. how many are there) they can put you through some shit if you have a problem... and for the 20-40 hp they add it aint worth it... And contrary to popular belief Ford can tell when a tuner has been installed and removed... There are changes that are counted and they are find-able if they want to find them... When Warranty is gone fine.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Another good reason I have to move to Texas in 2014