2013 6.2 5 Star Tune Dyno Results!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike TexaSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Raptor 6.2. Runs were performed Dynojet 248x chassis dyno. I did log air/fuel on all pulls with afm1000 Wideband.

Dynoed with the truck at operating temp stock on 93 octane ( perks of owning your own dyno ) 3rd gear pulls. Air/fuel was 11.40 at peak power.

328 RWHP
355 RWTQ

I then installed the 5 star SCT tuner and loaded the 93 octane performance tune. ( took about 10 mins) then re dynoed. Air fuel was 12.0 at peak power.

345 RWHP
376 RWTQ

The truck shifts much better and feels a hell of a lot more responsive. Intake and kooks headers on the way next. There's not much good dyno info on each individual mods for these trucks and I plan on dynoing after each item.

Ask any questions you want.

image_zps325bab5a.jpg

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its great you are able to do this!!! Funny that people are so fast to buy a tuner for their truck that adds 17 hp and 21ft tq but dont want shorty headers cause they dont give as much as LT headers. Yet shortys will pass any state emission test and LTs wont... Shortys add about the same hp and tq as the tuner and more if you polish the exhaust ports on the heads... Oh well thanks for doing this and posting your results. Looking forward to others runs you post

spenny

Reaction score
What's with the massive spike?

AFR of 12.0 still seems kinda rich, crazy it's 11.4 stock. No wonder these trucks guzzle gas. Lol

Thanks for posting this, though.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A stoichiometric of 12:8 - 13.2 will provide the best power & it would be interesting to see what the power would be set at those readings

With motorcycles, you get those spike when there is a loss of traction on the drum. The spike is when it catches & the torque jumps because of the sudden acceleration on the drum

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great...I have always wanted to do what you did...

Curios as well to the spike...

Do you plan on testing anything else? CAI...exhaust headers LT or shortys...

OP
OP
M

Mike TexaSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next adding Kooks Headers with cats. I will leave the stock catback installed. Then adding a AFE intake. Finally will be a catback. I'm shooting for 400 RWHP.. Don't know if I will get there.

Yes a 12.6 or leaner air/fuel hp might net a few more hp. But with a 6500 lb truck that I will beat the shit outta a lil softer tune is fine.

The spike is how I rolled into the gas on the dyno. I started sampling before I floored it.

MasterChief

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its great you are able to do this!!! Funny that people are so fast to buy a tuner for their truck that adds 17 hp and 21ft tq but dont want shorty headers cause they dont give as much as LT headers. Yet shortys will pass any state emission test and LTs wont... Shortys add about the same hp and tq as the tuner and more if you polish the exhaust ports on the heads... Oh well thanks for doing this and posting your results. Looking forward to others runs you post

The real question is why would you live in a state that has emissions testing? Long tube cat delete all the way!!!!!