2012 raptor setup im looking into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the new rides come in (2 2012 raptors) I think I'm going to be putting stainless works headers and the true dual exhaust system on both of them. Also a 5 star tuner and an airaid intake. What do you guys think? Any suggestions or opinions? Thank ya :)

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't do twinkies. Might as well do different setups on them...have the best of both worlds. Just my .02.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you want my opinion... Do the SW headers and cat pipe but use a borla or magnaflow cat-back. I bought the more quiet of the two muffler styles from SW and it's still a little loud for my taste (true duals) - I daily drive mine so...

Aside from that, I have the package you are getting and I can say the power increase is well worth the money.

OP
OP
CSmith

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No choice but twinkies haha. We both want the same color and don't like any of the rest :p Not like it matters anyhow! I just want my ride! haha

If you want my opinion... Do the SW headers and cat pipe but use a borla or magnaflow cat-back. I bought the more quiet of the two muffler styles from SW and it's still a little loud for my taste (true duals) - I daily drive mine so...

Aside from that, I have the package you are getting and I can say the power increase is well worth the money.

Thanks for the input! I actually will still do the SW cat back as well seeing as how I love the sound.

OP
OP
CSmith

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WarSurfer, That's sweet I can't wait to get it, I'm sure I'll love it I hope!

Also, when you say you got the more quiet one of the two mufflers are you meaning turbo chambered or Turbo S-tube? Whats the difference?

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SW has a straight threw s-type or a turbo chambered muffler chambered mufflers have 3 tubes in them and makes exhaust bounce back and forth s-type is a straight threw one pipe with holes in the one pipe you can look it up online and look at a pic.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with warsurfer.. I have the SW quite chambered mufflers and I do not like the resonance at all... The sound is nice but its tiring after 6 hours of driving at highway speeds...