2010 6.2-Roush SC surging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4juunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it states, I am getting a surge with low rpm throttle input.
Where should I start, MAF sensor, Vacuum lines?
Incidentally, I broke the ICW lines while doing the plugs but have since replaced the lines with some vacuum hoses that seem to have done the trick.(not sure if those vacuum lines could cause a vacuum problem that would cause this)

The build has:
Roush S/C
twin 65mm TB
NGK iridium plugs
Kooks long tubes
Tune from JDM

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it states, I am getting a surge with low rpm throttle input.
Where should I start, MAF sensor, Vacuum lines?
Incidentally, I broke the ICW lines while doing the plugs but have since replaced the lines with some vacuum hoses that seem to have done the trick.(not sure if those vacuum lines could cause a vacuum problem that would cause this)

The build has:
Roush S/C
twin 65mm TB
NGK iridium plugs
Kooks long tubes
Tune from JDM

when does your surge happen?
mine happens mostly in 3rd gear under light throttle it will feel like its giving more gas then take away ect ect until I actually give it more gas then it goes away.
truck will also die at stop lights every now and then. this I am sure is the throttle body but the surging I am not sure if thats tune or throttle body also. I had read about the Whipple TB having issues like this but was pretty convinced they fixed it also, lol guess not.

when does yours happen? I assume you have the Ford racing TB? if your problem just started out of no where I would guess like you said a line or something. if your system is brand new like mine then I have zero clue

OP
OP
4x4juunkie

4x4juunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when does your surge happen?

mine happens mostly in 3rd gear under light throttle it will feel like its giving more gas then take away ect ect until I actually give it more gas then it goes away.

truck will also die at stop lights every now and then. this I am sure is the throttle body but the surging I am not sure if thats tune or throttle body also. I had read about the Whipple TB having issues like this but was pretty convinced they fixed it also, lol guess not.

when does yours happen? I assume you have the Ford racing TB? if your problem just started out of no where I would guess like you said a line or something. if your system is brand new like mine then I have zero clue

It started after the I put the plugs, TB and tune in. It happens as soon as I press the throttle, like a rolling surge. Never happens if I open it up.
I called JDM and am about 90% positive it’s the gasket on the inlet elbow that isn’t seated. I am ordering a new one on Monday from Roush, hopefully that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It started after the I put the plugs, TB and tune in. It happens as soon as I press the throttle, like a rolling surge. Never happens if I open it up.
I called JDM and am about 90% positive it’s the gasket on the inlet elbow that isn’t seated. I am ordering a new one on Monday from Roush, hopefully that’s it.

does your surge happen the same time all the time?
I have a feeling you have your problem figured out but I am using your experience to help me with mine.
mine is like clock work 3rd gear light throttle my limited brain tells me its the tune.
so I am wondering if your issue happens in other gears only at start ect.

OP
OP
4x4juunkie

4x4juunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does your surge happen the same time all the time?

I have a feeling you have your problem figured out but I am using your experience to help me with mine.

mine is like clock work 3rd gear light throttle my limited brain tells me its the tune.

so I am wondering if your issue happens in other gears only at start ect.

Mine happens in any gear at the same amount of throttle. Wish I could help, that’s why I am posting as there are not a lot of S/C info out there. I think yours might be tune. Call JDM on Monday, they are pretty damn knowledgeable!

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine happens in any gear at the same amount of throttle. Wish I could help, that’s why I am posting as there are not a lot of S/C info out there. I think yours might be tune. Call JDM on Monday, they are pretty damn knowledgeable!

yea I am pretty sure mine is tune also. I have a email in with JDM already.

if yours happens all the time I still going with a leak of some sort. we know JDM has good tunes, if it was TB the check engine light would come on so the only thing left was the taking off of super charger. I would also replace the line you used with the proper ones just to rule that out also. good luck