100 mph limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bogger

Reaction score
How do you get rid of the 100mph limiter ?? has any one done it or do you need to buy a aftermarket tuner to do it?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Need a tuner to do it. It's a safety measure put in place to keep owners from shreading tires at high speed. The speed rating on the BFG's can't sustain over 100mph.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
BFG's on the Raptor are SVT spec and are actually S-rated (112mph). "Regular" BFG A/T 315/70R17s are R-rated (106mph).

OP
OP
bogger

bogger

Reaction score
Thanks for the input,
As for where do I go 100 mph, I have a few less traveled interstates around
here where I like to try out new toys, Vette 155mph, Valkyrie motorcycle, 138 mph , F8 Cat snowmobile 125mph ( I did not have the balls to go faster) it would. I like to know what stuff will do incase you need it sometime.

and the truck gets to 100mph so easy it is a shame to shut it down but I can see the tires being a weak link.... but never would have guessed the drive shafts would be a issue...

Scottysspeedshop

A.D.D. VelociRaptor 600 Owner
Reaction score
That's what I thought also but after talking with Greg foutz he drove the raptor r in the baja 1000.he said it was the weak link.

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
I almost never go over 100 mph on any of my 4-wheeled vehicles, but it would be nice to know I could if I had to (being chased by a grizzly or a cop or something). The whole nanny-ness of it kind of bothers me...