10 rib belt system for Whipple for new 5.0L

Would you upgrade to a 8 or 10 rib belt?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Calling all Whipple, Roush, Procharger and all NA Raptor Owners!!!

Please Vote to express interest in getting this mod manufactured!

I know it's not a Raptor, but we need to push for an 8 rib serpentine system for the guys that are pushing their Raptors limits.
We need more people interested into asking, "what about the Raptor".

Ask all our vendors INCLUDING Whipple!!!!

"What about something for the Raptor"!!!!!

Tech: 2015 Mustang Whipple 10-Rib | SVTPerformance

https://www.facebook.com/whipplesuperchargers?fref=nf

Pulleys.jpg

Someone is making this kit up, just hard to find all the info.
While this kit has most of the parts we need, there are still some things that we need.
And 8 or 10 ribs doesn't matter we have to room.
Need more people to help do some leg work.

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Watson Racing makes these 10 rib kits, but yes no one makes them for the Raptor because of lack of demand. Are people really throwing belts that often? We've sold over 200 Whipple Supercharger systems since 2010, most with a 3.250 pulley and 061247 belt. I've had less than a handful of people call with issues or stating they threw a belt.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for responding!!!

It's not really and issue for us Whippled Raptors with up to 700-750+ HP since the Tunes have become more refined.
Also now that I'm at 560 rwhp, I will find out in the winter how the 6 rib will hold up.
Winter is when it's most prone for something to happen with the belt, since cold air is a major boost for us SC guys and the belt being stiffer in freezing weather.
I haven't thrown or burnt one up in over a year but I'm a street king so I do not know what will happen when I go off-roading.
As far as I know if you're SC and even NA and you go off-roading "bring a belt and tools just in case".
A broken serpentine belt will leave you stranded!!! You only get about 15 mins. of drive time before you over heat and run out of battery,
assuming you don't have to make hard turns because then your screwed anyway.
I know I've been there!!!

Now let add some more comments here,

As It stands now the stock 6.2L Raptor's engine is more than capable of 700 to 750+ HP (560 to 585 wrhp) depending on what Dyno or software.
Sure took some time to get everybody on board with running 700+ HP on a stock engine. Running Livernois's oil pump gears made this power level safe.
I wanted to go more, but the Tuner was concerned with my stock exhaust, he believes I could easily melt my stock cats, and destroy my engine.
So having stated this I'm out of the picture for pushing the limits on a stock engine. For the moment anyway!

But !!! there are few guys that I know of that are going to push the 700 to 750+ HP on a stock engine in the next few months and you will be hearing about it.

Doing upgrades is key to keeping everything safe when going for more than the 700-750+:

Billet Oil Pump
(for me) I believe in the Livernois Fuel Pump upgrade.
ATI Harmonic Balancer.
****/Water Injection.
Fuel Injectors are key here also, and Tuners have their preference when it comes to injectors.
Throttle Body, again Tuner preference.
Large Heavy Duty Heat Exchanger with Fans
Headers! be it 1 3/4 or 1 7/8
Going Catless!!!
And a True Dual Exhaust System. No Y pipe!!!

And a 8 Rib serpentine belt system to eliminate any slippage!!!!

Last edited:

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
I would buy a kit like that in a heartbeat , 10 rib belt will handle a lot more load than the 6 rib. Funny my 02 Lightning has 8 rib belt for accesories and 8 rib for supercharger. It was rated for 380 hp stock ,Raptor was 30 more hp but with a 6 rib. Better option would be Gates Racing to produce a Green belt in the size that we need for a 3.50 or 3.25 pulley. I would be onboard for that too.

mike.s

Reaction score
The ATI super damper I just bought can handle an 8 rib belt. So I vote for an 8 rib setup, not 10.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I just added the 10 not that we would need it but ATI said they could do it.

And I received a response from Watson Racing, while they appreciate the interest, but at this time they cannot take on this venture.

I gave them the link to this thread and ask to give it a couple weeks till there's enough responses, but it looks like only a hand full will be pushing the 700+ HP barrier.
And belts are not flying off as much off-rosding with NA Raptors now that the Tunes have had 4 to 5 years to mature.

Last edited: