foam cannon v. foam gun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its a question we get asked often so for anyone interested in adding a foamer to your wash routine I created this video that shows the difference between the two.

Long story short - A pressure washer powered foam cannon like the MTM hydro has some distinct advantages, most notable the amount of cling and dwell time it provides, not to mention it does so with less chemical. Hose end foamers are still great and can add a nice layer of soap to your paint, but at the expense of much more product and not nearly with the same lathering and clinging effect.

Foamers may not be for everyone, and are certainly not a requirement for washing, but they do certainly aid in the wash process to make it faster and plus its fun ;)

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
thanks for the vid! now it looks like i have to look into a pressure washer and foam cannon... thanks alot jerk.... :crazy:

OP
OP
S

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
now when you say "fun" will this stick to certain parts of a womans body?

Despite repeated requests my wife has refused to be a part of any foam cannon experiments so I cannot say... but I can say that its hilarious to surprise foam attack the neighborhood kids if they happen to ride their bikes past my driveway LOL

thanks for the vid! now it looks like i have to look into a pressure washer and foam cannon... thanks alot jerk.... :crazy:

HAHA! You can thank me later after you've had a chance to use them.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good thread. Many people dont known the difference or even know what a foam cannon does. I love mine and what makes it even better is the look of my neighbors' faces when I use it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good thread. Many people dont known the difference or even know what a foam cannon does. I love mine and what Mae's it even better is the look of my neighbors' faces when I use it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BINGO! Thats why I threw this together... saw too many discussions where people either didn't understand the difference or were trying to use ortho hose end fertalizer sprayers as a substitute (which doesn't work).

Hopefully this is a good visual aid for people.

DDSMECH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question: my power washer has the attachment on it to add soap solutions for cleaning the deck and other stuff why can't I add the car wash soap in there?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk