Quick Question on Front Baja Install...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockafella

Reaction score
Everything I've seen regarding the cutting of the frame horns states that you should come up 2" from the bottom and place a mark and then go back toward the truck 1.75" at the bottom and place a mark which you should cut between to give you a 45* angle...

Other instructions tell you where to start on the line and then says to make a 45*.

Well, good ol' geometry says that a^2+b^2=c^2 meaning that to come up 2" and get a 45* tells me that I should I be coming back 2" at the bottom as well.

Is it more important to get the 45* angle at the bottom or go back toward the truck 1.75" and cut there (effectively giving me approx. a 49* angle going backwards or a 41*angle coming up from the bottom)??

Also - has anyone installed this bumper w/ a roush supercharger? Got any pics of what you did w/ the heat exchanger/intercooler?? I'll be figuring something out here shortly but any pics of ideas would be nice. Thanks!

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the RPG video like everyone else. Make sure you drill out the holes for the brace spacers properly.

OP
OP
R

Rockafella

Reaction score
I used the RPG video like everyone else. Make sure you drill out the holes for the brace spacers properly.

On it... after further evaluation it appears that it doesn't really matter as I can see that the down support of the bumper is actually at the bottom of the bumper by the steering rack and an outward/inward force on the bolts through the frame horns...

Looks like it should be a solid setup. Hopefully I an finish up the front before work calls and even nicer would be if the skid-plate shows up today. Then to figure out how to mount the heat exchanger for the supercharger - and on to the rear for the V3 install.

Pics to come soon:crazy:

D

Deleted member 12951

Same. Watched the RPG video
http://www.rpgoffroad.com/portfolio/race-line-front-bumper-frame-mod/

But didn't like that in front of the hole that holds the bumper is only about 1/2" of metal left. So we cut it to leave over an inch and it still fit fine. Cut doesn't have to be exact.

There was no instructions and that metal tube we knew where it needed to go but too long and didn't think to drill out the holes. We cut the tube to fit really tight in the frame (pounded it into place) and spot welded it really good. To us, it helped strengthen that end of the frame by providing more support.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We cut the tube to fit really tight in the frame (pounded it into place) and spot welded it really good. To us, it helped strengthen that end of the frame by providing more support.

Never even thought about that.

nsdq3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing, minus the welding. Only problem was the bumper actually crushed in a small amount. If I had to do it over again I would enlarge the hole and keep the tube the width of the bumper instead on the inside width of the frame.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guys,

If you look in the picture gallery you will see a drawn line of where to cut on the webpage.

If you want to tac weld the sleeve you can, but we never do. It's not going anywhere once it's all torqued down

SVC Baja Front Bumper

Jarrett