Mike P. Terrain Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry everyone we have been lagging on getting build threads up. We will be posting a whole lot more of these so stay tuned!

Mike AKA (JayneCobb) brought us his truck looking to turn his raptor into a comfortable daily driver but yet a fully capable offroad truck! This is only the first stage of his build including our Adjustable Bump System "ABS" with FOX 2.5" bumps, Deaver +2, SVC 1.5" UCA, FOX 3.0's, PSS cooler/reservoir, GPS, Radio w/custom mount, and Our signature BAJA bumper. Stay tuned for the Second Stage which will begin in the upcoming weeks.

mikep1_zps12814b63.jpg

mikePgallery3_zpsda415864.jpg

mikepgallery2_zps253d63a7.jpg

20140320_145457_zpsb23d4dc2.jpg

15uca2_zps230d9454.png

-Jeff

richardhead84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always liked those style of bumpers. I really like this one with the light bar set up. With that though what do you guys do if you have to pull from the front of the truck since you lose your tow hooks.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ive always liked those style of bumpers. I really like this one with the light bar set up. With that though what do you guys do if you have to pull from the front of the truck since you lose your tow hooks.

Hey Richard,

We do have an option available where we weld on tow hooks to the bumper, I will get you some pictures !

-Jeff

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

qadu7uny.jpg

richardhead84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Richard,

We do have an option available where we weld on tow hooks to the bumper, I will get you some pictures !

-Jeff

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

qadu7uny.jpg

Good to know about the option for a tow hook. I will be keeping you guys in mind when it comes time to pull the trigger on a bumper.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question....on the UCA. Can you guys post pics/vids on who, what, where, when, why you have the break away piece? I know it's been stated that it's for shock adjustments, but can you demonstrate? And give examples of when you would need to use it?

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work SVC, I sure wish I would have got that bumper when I was there, love how it looks. Looking forward to seeing new builds and products.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question....on the UCA. Can you guys post pics/vids on who, what, where, when, why you have the break away piece? I know it's been stated that it's for shock adjustments, but can you demonstrate? And give examples of when you would need to use it?

It's for camber adjustments not shock adjustments.

To adjust the camber on other manufacturers you have to remove the uca to do so which requires removing the coil over as well.

How do I get my hands on a set of vertical mounts for my reservoirs? Tired of the Hose's rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

For sure.

I will make a video in the next few days to show you the benefits of having it separate in two pieces. But until then, the simple answer is it comes in really handy for the DIY's. For some people, they will just install it like other arms and never touch it again, for others who are always tweaking with their front ends via ride height/pre-load, needing room to get to the shock, or want to adjust camber caster via the upper, it can be done in a few minutes.

To give you an example, my truck has the lower chassis pivot locations gusseted and welded with a non slotted hole so the lower is locked in making it impossible for it to get knocked out of alignment short of the lower frame bending via a hard impact. I adjust all my camber and caster with the UCA still installed on the truck, and can literally do a full camber/caster adjustment in about 10min per side.

Who?
Special Vehicle Concepts

What?
2 Piece UCA, big 7/8th heims, 1.5" Uni-ball, Massive Trophy Truck 3/4" 12 point 8740 Alloy Steel Bolt vs. others 9/16th or 5/8th center pins that require taper settings, multi color options with bent and radiussed boxed front section.

Where?
Dirt or pavement, it can be done and tweaked on anywhere.

When?
Whenever the truck needs to be worked on, tweaked on, adjusted and so on.

Why?
Because I have been a car nut since I could walk, and can't stand parts that don't offer well thought out, fully adjustable designs that offer the end user multiple options or settings to adjust for future mods down the road. If I had a dollar for every time I've had a customer tell me they only plan on doing X, when they end up adding Y and Z down the road I would be a rich man. While many items on our Raptors are limited to non adjustable items, you can rest assure the the SVC UCA will not be a limiting factor in your front end.

Thanks

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

It's for camber adjustments not shock adjustments.

To adjust the camber on other manufacturers you have to remove the uca to do so which requires removing the coil over as well.

How do I get my hands on a set of vertical mounts for my reservoirs? Tired of the Hose's rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll send ya what you need to make that happen.