Baja Bumpers Being Built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thought you guys might like to see how the SVC Baja bumpers are designed from the ground up to make for a perfect fitment each and every time.

1st Step, all the tubes come pre radiussed, notched and cut to length via a CNC radius bender and laser cutter right here in California. Many companies out there will just roll the tube and make corrections via line of site to compensate for the twist of the tube as it begins to roll. The SVC main tube makes finite computer aided adjustments after each pass to ensure perfect accuracy and virtually undetectable twist. Once a tube is complete, it is placed into a fitment check fixture for final inspection.

Here is what they look like complete and ready for weld

bumper6_zps3d2d5684.jpg

After that process is complete, the bumper support tubes are computer fed into a computer aided bar feeder and laser cut and notched to form each specific tube.

Once all that is finished, it goes over to the final welding fixture table. In this case, it's a 4x8 foot perfectly level table with 3"x3" holes allowing us to attach multiple fixtures for a variety of application that need to be welded. By using the fixture table with specific jigs, we are able to accurately assemble each bumper, UCA, Frame support and so on with precision and consistency. This means as long as your trucks frame and body is straight, your bumper will be as well. We leave tolerances on the bumper just a hair larger so you have room to maneuver the bumper around during install.

These next pics show the just how your SVC bumper gets put together

bumperfixture2_zpsa3878ae9.jpg

bumperfixture4_zps711b335e.jpg

bumper1_zps3cb51f1b.jpg

bumperweld_zpsa292400b.jpg

Once all the tubes are in place, everything gets welded together, the long ends get trimmed away and the bumper caps, skid tabs and light tabs get put in there final resting spots.

bumper6_zps961708bc.jpg

The Ground Up Approach.

As said above, this bumper is designed from the ground up to cleanly support a 30" light bar of your choice inside of the plate-work free from view obstruction, and to also support the center section of the valance from sagging over time. With the SVC Baja Bumper, there is no need to make or purchase a front valance support. We designed the upper plate work so it allows the inner support structure of the factory valance to rest easily on it. Another key element of the bumper is how easily it attaches to the steering rack bolts. It was designed for them to slide right in free from other tubes getting in the way of the bolts. With this bumper, you would never need to remove the bumper to change your rack for any reason. It's also important to note that much of the design time was spent on the side profile of the bumper. The SVC Baja Bumper was designed from conception to end to run the full radius of the front valance, the plate work that supports the rolled main tube flows evenly and consistently to make for the cleanest fully rolled bumper on the market.

Below is a pic that demonstrates how the valance rests itself on the upper main plate to stay nice and straight over time.
bumper4_zps65466332.jpg

frontbumperpic_zps26912cee.jpg

sideview_zps12e65025.jpg

Production is in full swing and please feel free to call or email with any questions.

Thanks

Jarrett

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How far does the baja extend past the valence? If I eventually get a front bumper, it absolutely cannot stick out further than stock with the farthest points out on the stock bumper being the plastic bumperettes. Also can you add a straight shot from the side?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SVC I love what yall are doing, I wish I was in the market for another bumper. When yall make something I need I'm all in.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys. We are hard at work designing a rear bumper and a few other things. Million ideas but wanna make sure we perfect what we currently have so we don't over extend ourselves.

If you have an idea that you would love to see come to reality please shoot us a pm. Ya never know what might be the next great idea.

Thanks

Jarrett