Almost Famous!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So tonight I was totally caught off-guard as I was sitting quietly on the couch minding my own business flipping through my new subscription of Road and Track Magazine. As I made it deeper into the mag I ended getting to page 106 where I said to myself holy shit, that's my truck:pepper:

I always knew the pic might be used in a Falken Tire ad, but never really thought it would make it, and if it did, I kinda figured it would be in some obscure magazine that was a fraction of the size of R&T.

Anyway, I just thought it was kinda neat to see one of FRF's own Raptors make it in the mag.

Big thanks to James and Cale at Falken for asking me to do this jump.

Jarrett

20140506_210225_zps7b7bb821.jpg
20140506_210204_zps470741ca.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

So it was a surprise and you received no monetary value for the use of your truck in their magazine? Almost sounds un-American and more like a good olé boy... :)

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So it was a surprise and you received no monetary value for the use of your truck in their magazine? Almost sounds un-American and more like a good olé boy... :)

I was given 6 new Falken Wildpeak M/T's to jump it and put them through their paces. When Falken took the photo we basically had one shot at it because the light was just right for what they were looking for. The real reason I didn't ever think the photo would make the cut was because they called me a few days later and asked if I would do the jump again because they wanted a more head on view. I was a bit leery on doing it again, but said I would if they really needed me to. I Never heard back so I figured they were just over it and I would breath a sigh of relief because the landing on that jump was frigging brutal.

D

Deleted member 12951

I was wondering how that landing was, the flying is the easy part. :)
Well congrats, that is an awesome pic and yeah it would be really nice seeing ones truck in a national magazine.