How to Convert your Base F150 Into a Ford SVT Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guaranteed 80% of people who want raptor clone kits have never ridden in a real raptor and want the kit because the raptor is "cool", not because they want the badass suspension setup, and they want others to think they are "cool" cause they bolted some parts on their f-150 to make it seem like it's a raptor, if you purchase a raptor conversion kit you are the definition of poser, there are much better kits already out there for standard f-150s, so the only reason to purchase a raptor conversion kit is so you can look like you own a raptor

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
F-150 to a Raptor.... pssshhh, that's easy minus some innerworkings...

Let me know when you can turn my Altima into a Raptor:busastyle:

Last edited:

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cleave....you are probably right. Buuuut..... If they've got the money and drive/want to do it....who cares right? :)

I know we Raptor owners don't. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My problem is people are going to buy the kit in this thread instead of this one Camburg Ford F-150 4wd 09-13 L/T Kit | Camburg Engineering for no other reason than the readylift kit is marketed as a "raptor conversion kit", even though the camburg kit supplies more travel and is built by a better company and costs less, when you buy something like this only because of how it makes you look to others and not for how it performs, that makes you a loser

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with people spending money on what they want. My issue is an advertisement perpetuating a very unfortunate (and inaccurate) stereotype .
So do you have a problem with Ford selling this truck as a high speed desert truck?

Guaranteed 80% of people who want raptor clone kits have never ridden in a real raptor and want the kit because the raptor is "cool", not because they want the badass suspension setup, and they want others to think they are "cool" cause they bolted some parts on their f-150 to make it seem like it's a raptor,
See I'd think most that are doing the conversions are guys who think a Raptor is a waste of money and can build a capable prerunner for MUCH less and perform 100x's what a Raptor can. But that's just my opinion based off the off road community, no clue outside that little bubble

My problem is people are going to buy the kit in this thread instead of this one Camburg Ford F-150 4wd 09-13 L/T Kit | Camburg Engineering for no other reason than the readylift kit is marketed as a "raptor conversion kit", even though the camburg kit supplies more travel and is built by a better company
My ? is who's actually building these kits? Is ReadyLIFT building these or is it a 2nd party? I have a slight feeling it's by a big name shop that's not quite as large as Camburg but has put out some very nice work, they very well have built the most Long Travel kits on the market for Raptors.......

That is if it's built by who I think it is

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
See I'd think most that are doing the conversions are guys who think a Raptor is a waste of money and can build a capable prerunner for MUCH less and perform 100x's what a Raptor can. But that's just my opinion based off the off road community, no clue outside that little bubble

Except this conversion doesn't make their truck better, or even as good as, a stock raptor, the people you're talking about don't attempt to make their trucks like a raptor, they make their trucks better than one and don't try to copy the raptor cause they don't want people thinking it's better than it really is

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So do you have a problem with Ford selling this truck as a high speed desert truck?

Nope, why would I? They've put their R&D where there mouth is. And their advertising is very clear with the proper disclaimers. The lawyers saw to that.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day,,,, its still not a Raptor!

You betcha. I think it would be absent quite a lot of off-road capability and controls, and also a certain 6.2L high performance V-8 that was designed specifically for the Raptor application.

Ducatisps has it right: The only way to own a Raptor is to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.