what would you guys recommend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor849

Reaction score
the K and N, or the Volant? which is better for the money? and which one performs better in power and MPG?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recommend neither one... Any system that draws solely hot underhood air is not any good... you can go K&N just get the filter replacement and keep the stock system...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CAIs are, IMO, a waste of money and add issues unnecessarily. Any potential gains are offset by the negatives. Well, there is the nice sound but it you're using your Raptor offroad you're adding another vulnerability point IMO.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've said it a number of times, i agree with Hockster. Drop in K&N is the best way to go. The risk vs any minor gains is not worth it to me. I can hit all the mud and water i want and not worry how much water my intake just sucked in.....currently there is no true CAI intake for this truck. Volant is the closest and even theirs has a large opening on the side....much larger than stock. Thanks but no thanks.....