Trying something new my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm an anti-corn guy. Corn = food. When it's used for other things the cost of corn goes way up hurting all of us because the cost of food stuffs (that depend on corn like farm animals) goes way up.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes and no. Mike does not turn off the trucks ability to make changes for E85. The truck modifies the tune based on add on table similar to a cold start table.
Gotcha. I love having the E85 option and I'd hate to give that up (for example with mods like yours). Making changes to the base file and letting the truck figure it out from there sounds like a great plan.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm an anti-corn guy. Corn = food. When it's used for other things the cost of corn goes way up hurting all of us because the cost of food stuffs (that depend on corn like farm animals) goes way up.

87 Octane=2.85/gallon not enough octane for my truck it will make my truck ping
93 Octane=3.20/gallon for whatever stupid reason it has been going up since about 2 weeks ago
E85(or maybe E70 because of the temperature)= 2.70/gallon and 105 octane it's a win/win aside from the part I have to go into Charlotte to get it.

Also the gas station I was had an E10 pump and it had an octane rating of 89 octane. While I was pumping gas people would pull up to the pump I was pumping at and then back up to normal pump. Most people don't realize that E10 is regular unleaded now. I lol'd a little bit.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. I love having the E85 option and I'd hate to give that up (for example with mods like yours). Making changes to the base file and letting the truck figure it out from there sounds like a great plan.

The Ford system is good enough. Mike did tell me FI trucks he does turn off that sensor for the simple fact there are a lot many variables and most F-150 owners don't want to run 83lb/hr fuel injectors. It started snowing on the way back from the gas station so I didn't play with the throttle but the truck just seemed to run better all around. I ran my truck down to where I had less then 20 miles to empty. Goto www.e85fuel.com and it is the best source to E85 in your area.