Shifter/Offroad Mode problems - Truck @ dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mileage: 11,540

Something weird happened about two weeks ago. My shifter would not move from Park when to Drive, or anything else for that matter, when the brake pedal was pressed. Basically the "trigger" on the shifter would not compress.

Took it to the dealer, had service done as well. They told me they have seen this problem before and they have ordered a new part. So in the mean time I used the transmission override to shift the transmission as needed from Park.

The part came in, took it back yesterday. I brought to their attention that when the vehicle comes to a stop it doesn't seem smooth. It's like the rear wheels are somehow encountering more resistance than necessary...I would explain it as if it were going over some rough terrain. It's a little difficult to explain. Anyway, I'm told that there is something wrong with the 4wd module, more specifically the offroad mode of the module.

I have installed a 5-Star tune however the technician said it had not impact on the module or the fault...just some FYI for y'all

Now I'm waiting.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! What the hell's goin on with that thing?

Keep us updated. I would really like to know more about this "part" that fixes the shift issue. Reminds me of an bonehead move Chrysler made in their 2005-08 Chargers Magnums and 300s; there's a *********** sized plastic bit with a pinkynail sized hook on it that, when it brakes you aint gonna be shifting from park any time soon. They broke by the hundreds, simply from normal use.

OP
OP
N

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, yesterday I was told they (dealership) had to order a solenoid having to deal with the 4wd/Offroad mode. Not too sure what this has to do with the rear wheel roughness feeling I get at around 15 mph when braking but I'm not a technician.

They offered to put me in a car, asked them what kind and was told a Sable, Fusion, Grand Marquis or along those lines. I asked the service writer what happened to being provided a vehicle that is comparable to the one being service...."never heard of it." Told her I wanted a Mustang 5.0, "nope."

Anyway, I am to pick the Raptor up tomorrow and will update with everything that I have or haven't learned about my little gremlins.

Now I have to air up my bicycle tires and prepare for the long ride to the dealership tomorrow...dammit.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds like the issues I had with mine way back when.

When I took my Raptor in for the door handle recall a couple weeks ago they gave me a brand new Mustang GT convertible. I enjoyed that :thumbsup: