NOS? Question and interest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could think of 10,000 things I would buy for the raptor before I ever even thought about NOS.

Bad investment idea.

OP
OP
C

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't even talked to him about it. Wanted it get feedback from you all before I did. I know the ls3 took a 300 shot and liked it. I didn't realize we had weak pistons. Sounds like a bad idea. I figured I would toss it out and see what you all think.

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
goathearder pretty much stole my reply. It's a truck, a bad ass truck, but still a truck. I know everything about this thing screams excess is best, but why spend the bucks to drop a second off the quarter mile when every (or most) mustang or corvette would waste you regardless.

If you can tell me where NOS would be applicable other than straightaway speed, I am listening and interested.

Ever seen formula offroad ?

NOS is something they use to get the wheels spinning at faster then that they aqualy move.
One of the heavies verhicles to be able to aqua-plain across lakes

So for uses in combo with a raptor
- dragracing
- short course racing
- GLRE time attack

Even tough fun. I don't see me going for it fast
Rather build an engine like biggest or
Livernois 6.6L with the TMX/UPP twin turbo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my corvette I went all out building a beast with a supercharging and ended up with one bad ass daily driver that ran 10.2 quarter mile and 625rwhp. I will tell you I regret I ever did that. I wish I would have went with heads and nos. I did some autocross and it was a pain in the rear with overpowering the track and overheating. And in average everyday I never used the power but the I was always stuck with the heating issues. In Florida it was hard to drive in the summer. I would not do that again. That's why I thought about nos for an occasional spray.

kboss87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be fine with a good tune and all supporting mods.....but I wouldn't try it personally!

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

150-200 shot is plenty enough btw. You will burn through bottles so fast with a 300 shot.

I had a 125 shot on a mustang and I felt like I was refilling bottles constantly.