New tune = new numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got my truck back from Troyer Performance and the new numbers are 288hp and 325tq on 93 octane. Truck was pulled on a Dynojet 248X with an eddy current(load cell) also was dyno'd in 3rd gear. The load cell and lower gear are why the power is less then the previous numbers. The other pull was done on a Dyno Dynamics dyno without a load cell and was in drive so most likely was in 4th or 5th gear.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any gauges yet? Got a dyno sheet? Congrats on getting it re-tuned. FFS

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are your truck's baseline numbers?
Fastlane in Texas dyno'd a stock Raptor at 250hp at the wheels
My first dyno numbers were with the JDM tune on 87 octane at 297hp
The type of dyno and what gear you do the pulls in have a big effect on numbers. The 6R80 does not have a 1:1 gear so everyone has there own way of pulling these trucks.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your baseline with JDM tune was 297 RWHP and at Troyer it's now 288 RWHP?

huh.gif

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its on different dynos and it different gears. Its all in the OP

Yeah, I saw that. So here's what I've learned from this thread:

* Fastlane in Texas dyno'd (someone else's) stock Raptor at 250hp at the wheels
* You don't have a baseline dyno of your Raptor at any shop (an assumption on my part)
* You dyno'd two different tunes on two different dynos at two different shops
* Your first dyno numbers were with the JDM tune on 87 octane at 297hp* Your baseline with JDM tune was 297 RWHP
* Your new tune by Troyer is 288 RWHP

What conclusions do you draw from this information?

I suggest that nto getting a baseline on your truck and dyno-ing two different tunes on two different dynos is a bit like comparing apples to oranges without knowing what either taste like.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to do another pull on the first dyno because they can pull up my old pulls.

Yeah, I saw that. So here's what I've learned from this thread:

* Fastlane in Texas dyno'd (someone else's) stock Raptor at 250hp at the wheels
* You don't have a baseline dyno of your Raptor at any shop (an assumption on my part)
* You dyno'd two different tunes on two different dynos at two different shops
* Your first dyno numbers were with the JDM tune on 87 octane at 297hp* Your baseline with JDM tune was 297 RWHP
* Your new tune by Troyer is 288 RWHP

What conclusions do you draw from this information?

I suggest that nto getting a baseline on your truck and dyno-ing two different tunes on two different dynos is a bit like comparing apples to oranges without knowing what either taste like.
Along with the dyno's being different they were also dyno'd in different gears. Troyer dyno'd my truck in 3rd gear (1.52:1) and the other shop either dyno'd my truck in 4th gear (1.14:1) or 5th gear (0.86:1). The transmission decides what gear to dyno in when its in drive your auto 05+ Mustangs do this as well.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, all these different dynos at different places with different stuff on your truck. What are the conclusions you draw from them? I'm trying to understand your methodology and results.