Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-5.4 Liter Triton V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-5.4 Liter Triton V8 [GEN 1]

Keep E-force or go twins?

This is a discussion on Keep E-force or go twins? within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-5.4 Liter Triton V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hey guys, new Raptor owner here! The new to me Raptor is a 2010 5.4 with an E-force s/c and ...

User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By One Slow 5.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Keep E-force or go twins?
Hey guys, new Raptor owner here!

The new to me Raptor is a 2010 5.4 with an E-force s/c and straight pipes out the back. Now I'm coming from a 2010 F150 STX and had a 2001 vortech Mustang and stock 2003 Mustang so I can't leave well enough alone.

My questions to you guys, with the thought of more HP in the future:
-would you keep the e-force?
-sell it and go twins?
-or some third option?

I bought the truck through a dealer that has no idea what's in it so I'm going to do a complete tear down soon and put GT500 rods and pistons in (they'll be cut) and go from there if it's not already forged. My thoughts with the twins is On3 makes a great, affordable kit that will bolt up and hit boost later unlike the E-force that rips the tires loose with such high gearing as it sits so I'm stuck.

MRCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Originally Posted by MRCntry View Post
Hey guys, new Raptor owner here!

The new to me Raptor is a 2010 5.4 with an E-force s/c and straight pipes out the back. Now I'm coming from a 2010 F150 STX and had a 2001 vortech Mustang and stock 2003 Mustang so I can't leave well enough alone.

My questions to you guys, with the thought of more HP in the future:
-would you keep the e-force?
-sell it and go twins?
-or some third option?

I bought the truck through a dealer that has no idea what's in it so I'm going to do a complete tear down soon and put GT500 rods and pistons in (they'll be cut) and go from there if it's not already forged. My thoughts with the twins is On3 makes a great, affordable kit that will bolt up and hit boost later unlike the E-force that rips the tires loose with such high gearing as it sits so I'm stuck.
Hope you get some feedback, but being that there's not many 5.4 guys here, I'm not optimistic.

Keep me updated on what you do, I have a 5.4 as well and would like a S/C or turbo setup some day. If you get rid of yours I may be interested in taking it off your hands, or if you could provide more info on that turbo set up.
Houston Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Well he's asking for more HP in the future. IMO build the engine to withstand more psi to produce that HP. If you want hp, turbos will produce more compared to a s/c.

2010 SVT Raptor 5.4L Blue Flame Metallic #1798
The258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

It really depends on how much power you want. I currently have a 2010 screw cab FX2 with an aluminum 5.8 forged short block, stage 3 JPC heads, custom blower cams, stainless work headers with 3" collectors and custom 3" Borla XR1 exhaust, custom intake, 90mm ford racing throttle body and an edelbrock E Force that has been fully ported, 1" intercooler lines, afco raptor heat exchanger, EMP water pump, boost a pump, circle D billet converter, and fully built circle D transmission. I don't have any HP numbers yet but the above combo with 7PSI boost will out run a 2013 Camaro ss with exhaust and tune up too 130 mph. I'm currently work on an 8 rib swap and a 15% overdrive lower. That being said if I was to do it over I would go turbo and stay a way from anything that says MMR it is all junk
CoronaRaptor likes this.
One Slow 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by One Slow 5.0 View Post
It really depends on how much power you want. I currently have a 2010 screw cab FX2 with an aluminum 5.8 forged short block, stage 3 JPC heads, custom blower cams, stainless work headers with 3" collectors and custom 3" Borla XR1 exhaust, custom intake, 90mm ford racing throttle body and an edelbrock E Force that has been fully ported, 1" intercooler lines, afco raptor heat exchanger, EMP water pump, boost a pump, circle D billet converter, and fully built circle D transmission. I don't have any HP numbers yet but the above combo with 7PSI boost will out run a 2013 Camaro ss with exhaust and tune up too 130 mph. I'm currently work on an 8 rib swap and a 15% overdrive lower. That being said if I was to do it over I would go turbo and stay a way from anything that says MMR it is all junk
damn, i was going to buy a built mmr motor in the future.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Originally Posted by The258 View Post
damn, i was going to buy a built mmr motor in the future.
Save yourself the time money and frustration and call Michael over at L&M.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by One Slow 5.0 View Post
Save yourself the time money and frustration and call Michael over at L&M.
Checked out their site, couldn't find anything 5.4. only 5.8 and it's ridiculously expensive.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Give him a call my short block was about 13,000. Which 5,500 of was just the aluminum block
Old 04-02-2017, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by MRCntry View Post

My thoughts with the twins is On3 makes a great, affordable kit that will bolt up and hit boost later unlike the E-force that rips the tires loose with such high gearing as it sits so I'm stuck.
I'd keep the SC if all you have money for is an On3 kit. You get what you pay for and cheap turbos have trouble written all over them.
Hedges4 is offline   Reply With Quote