Info on jlt cai for raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have spoken with Jay from JLT about a CAI for our trucks. He says do to changes made by Ford to the 09+ F-150 its to expensive for him to make a kit for our trucks but his 04-08 F-150 kit will work with our truck but it will require some work on your part. You will need to get an 04-08 Coolnat tank because our is apart of the air box and you will need to extend the MAF wire about 3inches

2006f150NOTUNE[1].jpg

I'm going to be putting one on my truck when I get back to the states.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Back yard mods and tuning required? Why bother...there are better options out there.

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back yard mods and tuning required? Why bother...there are better options out there.
Because there really isn't. JLT CAI really a lot better then some of the other ones on the market but he's to small for prices of our kits to be kept reasonable. The biggest thing being the MAF extension he would need someone to make one.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Because there really isn't. JLT CAI really a lot better then some of the other ones on the market but he's to small for prices of our kits to be kept reasonable. The biggest thing being the MAF extension he would need someone to make one.

why is the JLT so good in your opinion that it's worth hacking the install to have it? <- question... not meaning to sound negative....

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why is the JLT so good in your opinion that it's worth hacking the install to have it? <- question... not meaning to sound negative....

Jay's product and customer service speak for themselves. On 93 Octane with his CAI and a tune the 04-08 test truck picked 20-30 rwhp. But seriously search JLT on any mustang site and you will be hard pressed to find one negative comment about him or his product.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Jay's product and customer service speak for themselves. On 93 Octane with his CAI and a tune the 04-08 test truck picked 20-30 rwhp. But seriously search JLT on any mustang site and you will be hard pressed to find one negative comment about him or his product.

not questioning the company, but you can achieve the same results with a kit and tune designed for 09+ without having to retro fit it. but it's your truck...just asking!!

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im on the same page as birdman here...as long as they have the same capacity, the location and routing is irrelevant, unless you are doing a ram air. so it really just comes down to the quality of the tune, which i would be wary of considering the truck from the factory has its own, which is basically the offroad mode. and that mode is awesome offroad, and i would not want to mess with it in any way.