Edelbrock S/C - Oil Filter relocation kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djmacc

Reaction score
Hi,

I should have my S/C in a week or so but I did not order the $450.00 oil filter relocation kit yet. I trying to figure out if the Edelbrock kit is the only option available especially at that price tag. Has anyone installed this Supercharger and actually relocated the filter? It seems that the 5.4 has the oil pressure sending unit installed in the filter mount which might make the available options few but there must be someone else who makes a kit that will work for less $$$?

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep us in touch, share some pictures of the relocation kit you ordered. Blower should be to you shortly!

OP
OP
djmacc

djmacc

Reaction score
Keep us in touch, share some pictures of the relocation kit you ordered. Blower should be to you shortly!

Will do! Looking forward to the project.

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Will do. Looking forward to the project!

OP
OP
djmacc

djmacc

Reaction score
Well I ended up ordering both the Edelbrock kit and a standard Summit KIt and found out during the tear down the only way to go is with Edelbrock because the 5.4 has the lower radiator hose nipple built into the oil filter adapter housing and nothing that I was able to find had the radiator nipple included. No worries because I had both on the bench so I was good with either scenario. So far I found the kit well organized and the instructions are good but removing the old oil filter adapter and installing the new one was without a doubt a 5 beer project. One of the bolts required that I use a 1/4 inch 10 millimeter universal socket (try to find someone in town that stocks one of those) and then cut 3/8 off the end of the socket to get the clearance to get in to tighten the bolt. So far the rest of the install is tedious but no more than a 3 beer install. I will keep plugging away in my spare time this week to hopefully get done by this weekend.

OP
OP
djmacc

djmacc

Reaction score
Hopefully but the this weekend!
Things went a little better than I thought and I finished the install this afternoon. It literally smokes the tires and the Power is very linear.Pulls even from the bottom to redline with a subtle blower whine. Idles just like it used to. So far I am very pleased with the results l.