Edelbrock Eaton Gen VI TVS Intercooler Supercharger 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am seriously debating going for this instead of replacing my entire 5.4L 3V with a GT500 engine.

This is about 1/4 the cost (all said and done) and it looks like it will get me the numbers I want.

Looks like this might be the next mod I do to my 2010 Raptor.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/f150/

It might also be something I can install myself (about 10 hours labor)

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is a nice looking install.

If I had a 5.4L, I would be seriously thinking about it. The 5.4L is a really good motor but it's even better with a blower:racing:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks great Tim and besides the power added, Edelbrock is a well-known company and they offer a warranty! :thumbsup: And that's key to getting people to consider taking the plunge.

Note that the warranty is "optional" - looks like it's with a third-party supplier and the extra cost is, if the pdf is correct, $275 for 3 year, 36,000 miles.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/pdf/Edelbrock_Warranty_Form.pdf

Tim, any idea on cost for the kit? We might be able to get them at "wholesale" pricing.

From the webpage:

Now you can bolt-on an Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger system and boost the power in your 2004-10 5.4L 3V F-150. These E-Force Supercharger Systems are exclusively designed for each application and will allow you to boost your performance to an impressive 478 flywheel horsepower and 504 ft./lbs. of torque. These systems feature 14" long intake runners for maximum low end torque making them ideal for towing and off-road performance applications. These systems are also available with an optional supplemental warranty, 3 years or 36,000 miles for 2004-06 models and 5 years or 60,000 miles for 2007-10 models.

Also requires this:

4-WHEEL DRIVE HARDWARE KIT
This accessory package relocates the oil filter to clear the front differential when installing an E-Force supercharger system on 2004-10 4WD F-150 trucks.

f150_main.jpg

1581.jpg

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will it be California legal?

Yes, the kit is 50 state legal according to Edelbrock's website.

When I googled the Supercharger kit part number for the 2010 F150 along with the part number for the 4WD install kit (basically an oil filter relocation device) it was around $6000 for both combined.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow. Great promo video!

50 state legal.
Low compression to make power.
3/36 warranty.

Do you know of any testimonials from current users?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds great but I wonder about the tuning on the Raptor with functions like the off road mode etc.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tuning. What have they done to maintain the Raptor's tuning?

Assuming they've handled that, this is an excellent mod. About half of what a stroker would run you, start to finish. This might very well be in my (distant) future...

OP
OP
X

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tuning. What have they done to maintain the Raptor's tuning?

Assuming they've handled that, this is an excellent mod. About half of what a stroker would run you, start to finish. This might very well be in my (distant) future...

Technically you have a stroked 4.6 under the hood. :thumbsup:

The other option is to take the 6k and change for the S/C and instead build up the 5.4L already under the hood. I wouldn't stroke the 5.4L but would look into other options.

Or totally hedge and take the money and buy a 6.2L or new 5.0L once Ford offers crate versions. That might be the best option vs all of the above. We already know they will bolt up to our trans.