CAI/Tuner question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGovanator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just have a quick question. I'm thinking of buying the combo package from 5 star tuning that includes an AFE CAI and X4 tuner with 5 custom tunes. My question is does anyone know what these custom tunes are and are they any good? Are they just using canned tunes and just altering them? thanks

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Also, anyone used the Rousch CAI? thoughts?

fasteddiefrisk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that exact combination on my truck for over a year and it worked great... I just switched over to the SVC tune with my AFE CAI and it is awesome! I'm sure Jeff at SVC will hook you up with a combo deal as well...

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5 custom (octane, mod, user specific) tunes. I have 5 Star and the Corsa. I'm happy with mine, some people don't like the shifting logic but I do. It's only under WOT and 2-3 that it seriously bangs.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just have a quick question. I'm thinking of buying the combo package from 5 star tuning that includes an AFE CAI and X4 tuner with 5 custom tunes. My question is does anyone know what these custom tunes are and are they any good? Are they just using canned tunes and just altering them? thanks

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Also, anyone used the Rousch CAI? thoughts?

tune wise you'll have a few options for custom tunes. some vendors you have "lifetime" tunes and you can have mike alter them to your liking. makes a difference in the drive you get as well. i run a 87 perf / tow with longtube headers and stock cai. world of difference. i used to run mikes tunes on my ecoboost and that woke it up big time! avoid the canned tunes if you can, not that there's anything wrong with them, but custom is always best. if you have to go into the dealer for anything, just return it to stock before doing so.

matter1

Reaction score
Used 5star on mine, very satisfied with the throttle response smoothness.
I sold the truck and have an X4 like new with some 5star tunes on it I should sell as it is just sitting in the box. Unmarried with 5 vin's left if interested, $275.

Oops' didn't realize this thread was almost 3 years old...

Last edited:

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the CAI and 5 star n guage. 5 tunes(you can pick), but after using the 5 star i bought the MPT 93 PRX. It is by far the best tune if you want to push the truck to its max potential.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck wouldn't pass smog with a 5 star tune, sensors were shut off and i didn't have the tuner to flash it back. 5 star seemed very disinterested and could care less about giving any help or recommendations. I won't spend a dime with them.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
My truck wouldn't pass smog with a 5 star tune, sensors were shut off and i didn't have the tuner to flash it back. 5 star seemed very disinterested and could care less about giving any help or recommendations. I won't spend a dime with them.
What happened to the tuner that it was tuned with?