Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-5.4 Liter Triton V8 [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-5.4 Liter Triton V8 [GEN 1]

Anyone having tune issues?

This is a discussion on Anyone having tune issues? within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods-5.4 Liter Triton V8 [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by ZBoater What was your mpg before the tune? Shit it has been so long but in the ...

User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #21 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
What was your mpg before the tune?
Shit it has been so long but in the 10-11 range....

Old 05-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I expect that performance gives the best power, economy the best fuel mileage...
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I would disagree with the 93 performance and 'best' fuel economy....I run the 93 performance and here you go:
I meant; "performance"=gives the best power, "economy"=the best fuel mileage

I loaded the 87 Performance tune last night and went for a spirited test drive. Feels a lot stronger down low...and no more lag with shifts...even my fuel mileage went up, and I drove it much more aggressive this time, with several stop light take offs and rolling WOT highway downshifts. With the 87 tune and a heavy foot, I achieved better gas mileage than I had gotten when driving it moderately easy on the factory tune.

I'm VERY please with the 87 Performance tune...and I'm looking forward to being able to fill up with a tank of 93, and then load the 93 Performance tune to see/feel those results.
Fyermanbob likes this.

Last edited by Mad Max; 05-16-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #23 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

I'm about to pull the trigger on this, and I was hoping a 87 performance tune would give me grins and mpgs. But the tuner I want comes with 6 tunes. How could I not at least try the 93 performance tune? But then, would I ever want to go back to 87?

First world problem. I shall attempt to solve it and have fun trying...

(SOLD)2013 Ford SVT Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black * Roush CAI * Borla ProXS 40349 exhaust with Ford Racing tail pipes and resonator delete * Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 315/70R17 tires * AMP Research Power Steps * The Tune v1 by SVC
ZBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on this, and I was hoping a 87 performance tune would give me grins and mpgs. But the tuner I want comes with 6 tunes. How could I not at least try the 93 performance tune? But then, would I ever want to go back to 87?

First world problem. I shall attempt to solve it and have fun trying...
The only thing keeping me from installing my 93 tune...I filled up the tank with 87 the day before the tuner arrived.

And I'm still at half a tank
ZBoater likes this.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #25 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Yeah i was confused on your post...but from my experience the 93 is the tune for me ...Now I only have 19.5k on a 2011, so I am not packing on the miles...

Old 05-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Full Access Member

zboater,

I get maybe 1-1.5 mpg better on the 87 perf than the original factory tune. It was close to 2-2.5 on the economy. I am regularly at 12.5 per gallon on the 87 perf tune. I think that is a little low. Anyone have their mpg on 87perf? Been using it for month's now strictly, except when I am feeling saucy and load up the 93 perf. Quite a difference there.

13TerrainSCREW BFG AT 37's Method Roost Rims Whipple SC 3.25 pully Afco HE 65mm TB Kooks LT headers & exhaust Dynomax VT Rear Deavers Road Armor frnt & back bumper replace Alum driveshaft JDM tune Aeroforce A-pillar pod gauges Mid-perch Rigid 20" bar 6' floods driving & wide cubes M&R hood lights amber side&hood vent lights bed lights Bak Roll-X Stub ant black grill badges skid exhaust hood wrap smoked tail&brake lts
RaptorFlipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #27 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

I'm consistently at 11.5mpg now given my driving habits. So I'm looking forward to seeing what a tune will do.

(SOLD)2013 Ford SVT Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black * Roush CAI * Borla ProXS 40349 exhaust with Ford Racing tail pipes and resonator delete * Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 315/70R17 tires * AMP Research Power Steps * The Tune v1 by SVC
ZBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

5star 93perf is a great engine tune but the trans tune is aggressive. That is where the mpg goes down most I believe. For daily driving in the city it can get annoying imo. Just because it gets the truck engine braking a lot. I'm on it again this 93oct tank and will go back and forth with the SCT 93oct tune.

When idle in neutral at times it seemed the fans would go into overdrive (noisy) for a couple seconds then settle down. Noticed that last reflash of that tune. Will watch out for that this time around.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

OP. You should just do it. It will be fine. I have reflashed mine like 10 times in a month or so. Do it with my other cars frequently. Zero issues.

2013 Stock Perch Oxford White Super Crew | Northing 3.0 door detents | The Tune by SVC | 5star tunes | SCT X4 | Seat Belt chime off | Fibermax | BedRug | 4 Hella Rallye 1000 | Ford Lightbar | 4 D2 fogs driving beam | HomeLink rearview | Icecobra stainless doorsill protectors f+r | SVT licensed plate frame | NuShield DayVue | Machined Method NV | ProComp black lugs | Nav-TV | Vince's CNC Method SVT caps black | Hula dance doll
TurboEd is offline   Reply With Quote