5Star RPMs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

modz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loaded the 87 performance tune. Is it normal for it to shift from first to second at 3,500 RPMs; second to third at 3,000 RPMs; third to fourth at 2,500 RPMs?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
depends on how much you're getting on it? it's an impossible to answer this question because it's going to shift based on how far you're getting in to the gas pedal.

OP
OP
modz

modz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not aggressive. It just seems to shift at higher RPMs compared to the 93 performance tune.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
it's tough to say. the truck's adaptive strategies do dial in the tunes after you drive for a while. I'm sure Mike can tweak them for you.

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can lower the part throttle to more factory if need be , not a big deal.
Thats why its called Custom tuning :waytogo:

OP
OP
modz

modz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to make it more factory. It just seems to rev out quite a bit. Once I'm through this tank of 87, I'll switch back to 93 with the respective tune and see how the truck adapts back to it. The only reason I switched was an attempt to see if I could get similar performance while saving some coin.