5.4 true Dual Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Ironman, I really cant see the truck it goes by so fast... AH HA HA HA...

Yes, its mine and I love it.. about 4k miles and no codes... I did add some inserts after the mufflers to remove some of the drone, not that it was bad, it just was a bit more than I wanted while cruising down the highway...

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score

Yes, its mine and I love it.. about 4k miles and no codes... I did add some inserts after the mufflers to remove some of the drone, not that it was bad, it just was a bit more than I wanted while cruising down the highway...

lol..Glad to hear no codes. I'm seriously thinking about getting the headers and keeping the rest original but still not sure. Is there any benifit in doing just the headers or is that just a big waist of time?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol..Glad to hear no codes. I'm seriously thinking about getting the headers and keeping the rest original but still not sure. Is there any benifit in doing just the headers or is that just a big waist of time?
Yes, there is always a benefit when increasing the CFM in and out... You might not get as much of a HP boost as the person going with a full system... So, say my setup gets a 20hp boost going with the full system... I would say that with going with just the LT headers you might get 10-15... I can say it really livened up the mid-range throttle... I have a .8 MPH gain so far but, I have not done a lot of long distance traveling since the install... I am heading up north in Jan and will do another check when I do... and when I say CFM in i mean a system that does not draw hot underhood air... I have plans for some dyno runs but, the guys down here do not have their system installed yet...

Last edited:
OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Thanks Hock, then it stays on my list for my next Mod..A little
increase in HP is better then none.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score

Hockster, did you ever end up getting any codes? You have both the headers and exhaust correct (I assume so since it is a true dual)? I have a code on mine and I wonder if I just have a bad O2.