5.4 s&b intake noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtSquirrel

Reaction score
I just installed a S&B CAI on my 2010 5.4L. I love how it sounds but it does make a weird noise when under normal acceleration in 3rd gear from 1500 to 1800 rpm. It almost sounds like a goose honk if you would call it that. It sounds as if I give it more gas than I actually am. Just looking for some input to see if it's normal or something I should be concerned about.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like typical "air intake honk" when folks change an OEM intake setup to some type of aftermarket CAI setup - perfectly normal and happens with all sorts of cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc.

Turn the radio up or mash the skinny pedal more... :)

HOOT02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at my options for a CAI and I really like the S&B. Any downfalls that you have come up with having this on the truck?

OP
OP
D

DirtSquirrel

Reaction score
I was looking at my options for a CAI and I really like the S&B. Any downfalls that you have come up with having this on the truck?

It makes a lot of air intake honk like cobra90gt was saying. Other than that It sounds beautiful when you step on it