GEN 1 2013 transmission hard shifting/losing gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8x,*** miles
SCT tune
K&N intake

Recently I've been having problems with my transmission where when I hit the brakes harder than normal it would stay in gear and then slam into first.

Sometimes it would rev from first and lose the gear entirely reving freely forcing me to pull off the side of the road and turn my truck off and when I cut it back on it acted like it never happened.

Sometimes a wrench light would pop up and sometimes it wouldn't but when it did it would disappear when it cut off.

Could never read the code just curious before I handed it over to Ford if anybody had the same thing happening.

At about 33,000 I had a seal blow in my transmission and all the fluid leaked out. My dealer didn't catch it the first time in the month they had it and just reflashed my system. The second time it was at the dealer for 3 months where they ended up telling me "it was fine" and "not to worry about it". They refilled the trans fluid and replaced the seal.

Sorry the post was so long just didn't want to leave out any details!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry found out this was the wrong board! Can't figure out how to delete

Mark Minx

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, but all my gauges go out along with blue tooth, I have to stop turn off the engine and open and close the door then restart and it acts fine. No codes even though the big wrench comes on. Hope someone has a solution before having to take it to the shop

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am having the same issue, but all my gauges go out along with blue tooth, I have to stop turn off the engine and open and close the door then restart and it acts fine. No codes even though the big wrench comes on. Hope someone has a solution before having to take it to the shop
Welcome to the place, do you have Forscan to check for codes? I would check your wiring harness where it goes behind the engine on the passenger side and also check your battery connections, sounds like more than a transmission issue.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
8x,*** miles
SCT tune
K&N intake

Recently I've been having problems with my transmission where when I hit the brakes harder than normal it would stay in gear and then slam into first.

Sometimes it would rev from first and lose the gear entirely reving freely forcing me to pull off the side of the road and turn my truck off and when I cut it back on it acted like it never happened.

Sometimes a wrench light would pop up and sometimes it wouldn't but when it did it would disappear when it cut off.

Could never read the code just curious before I handed it over to Ford if anybody had the same thing happening.

At about 33,000 I had a seal blow in my transmission and all the fluid leaked out. My dealer didn't catch it the first time in the month they had it and just reflashed my system. The second time it was at the dealer for 3 months where they ended up telling me "it was fine" and "not to worry about it". They refilled the trans fluid and replaced the seal.

Sorry the post was so long just didn't want to leave out any details!

Im guessing the Leadframe is bad. When it hangs in gear, do you also lose the gear numbers on the center screen?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you are on the right track, while in there might as well do all the maintenance items, bulkhead connector and some plastic pieces that crack over time. If that stuff does not fix it you won't be out that much either.