Add individual pieces to a MBRP exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I purchase one of the turndown model exhausts (m/n: S5242409/AL), can I later add the resonator pipe from one of the full tailpipe kits that include the resonator (m/n: S5228409/AL/BLK)? I'm assuming that the resonator in place will quiet down the turndown model?

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the stainless turn down and rotated the 90 towards the side and welded a black tip. I don't think there is enough room for the stock resonator. perhaps an aftermarket one could fit. I had my guy cut and re-weld the muffler a little further back towards the flange. this set up is plenty loud and has much less drone. i could take a post a pic if you're interested.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If I purchase one of the turndown model exhausts (m/n: S5242409/AL), can I later add the resonator pipe from one of the full tailpipe kits that include the resonator (m/n: S5228409/AL/BLK)? I'm assuming that the resonator in place will quiet down the turndown model?

Actually, yes that is possible and what we recommend to customers who want to reduce drone with the turn down system. The resonator from the MBRP rear exit cat back will work with the turn down as well. We can order the resonator separately through MBRP.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you.

I see the price of the stainless turndown kit on your website. Is there a FRF member discount? Also, can you please post or PM me the cost for the resonator pipe in stainless?

NOTE: Attached photo shows turndown system on the left and only the resonator pipe from the full tailpipe system on the right.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 53

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you.

I see the price of the stainless turndown kit on your website. Is there a FRF member discount? Also, can you please post or PM me the cost for the resonator pipe in stainless?

NOTE: Attached photo shows turndown system on the left and only the resonator pipe from the full tailpipe system on the right.

Direct from MBRP the stainless resonated front pipe is $287.83. Part # W191809. We may be able to do a bit better than that, I would have to see. Our MBRP prices are marked down right now, if you find a better advertised price by another retailer I will see what I can do.

OP
OP
BAJASVT

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. That resonator pipe is a little pricey. I may end up starting with the full exhaust and just adding the turndown tip after the muffler.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. That resonator pipe is a little pricey. I may end up starting with the full exhaust and just adding the turndown tip after the muffler.

Understand, but keep in mind that is retail and we could more than likely sell it for less. I wonder if we could buy the muffler, tip and hangers all separately to build the kit once rather than adding the cost of the resonator front pipe to the cost of the turn down. Either way, just let us know if we can help you out.