King Of the Hammers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SideTracked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We will be at King of the Hammers until February 9th. All orders will ship upon our return. I apologize for any delays in shipping and responding to questions.

Thanks!
Morgan

OP
OP
SideTracked

SideTracked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an amazing time down at the Hammers. Crazy week, finished up the rig on the lakebed. we were still working on it right up to the start line :). Timed out at mile 89 and made it back to camp under our power. Only broke our lakebed flexi-tube exhaust job, melted an arb line and lost an inner axle seal. got back and noticed we had poked a tiny hole in the ram and the front third was completely loose and the tcase had loosened up and spit out a gasket in the middle. Not bad for an initial run with about 45 minutes total drive time on the rig!

Attachments

• MG957724.jpg
    MG957724.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20140205_185220022.jpg
    IMG_20140205_185220022.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 58
  • MG_6587.jpg
    MG_6587.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 59

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy was out there with 4 Wheel 2 Heal. Was talking to him today and he was telling me all about it. Sounded like a blast

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had an amazing time down at the Hammers. Crazy week, finished up the rig on the lakebed. we were still working on it right up to the start line :). Timed out at mile 89 and made it back to camp under our power. Only broke our lakebed flexi-tube exhaust job, melted an arb line and lost an inner axle seal. got back and noticed we had poked a tiny hole in the ram and the front third was completely loose and the tcase had loosened up and spit out a gasket in the middle. Not bad for an initial run with about 45 minutes total drive time on the rig!

Looks like some one is right on your ass.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was my first time going to koh my buddy and I had a good time . Its definitely a different event than were used too but were planning on going next year . We were at the back door on friday next year were gonna bring are dirt bikes so we can ride to all the other passes and areas the rigs climb thru seems easier than driving the truck everyway where .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SideTracked

SideTracked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was my first time going to koh my buddy and I had a good time . Its definitely a different event than were used too but were planning on going next year . We were at the back door on friday next year were gonna bring are dirt bikes so we can ride to all the other passes and areas the rigs climb thru seems easier than driving the truck everyway where .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Definitely different. It is pretty intense and spread out, the first year you go it takes a little while to get the feel for it, but it gets easier every year. there are a bunch of good spots to watch the rigs, but like you said they are spread out. bikes would be really nice down there for getting around.

My buddy was out there with 4 Wheel 2 Heal. Was talking to him today and he was telling me all about it. Sounded like a blast

Good times for sure. A ton of work, but well worth it!

Looks like some one is right on your ass.

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

There were a few people on us throughout the day :). the guy in that pic was broken though. Next year we should be a little faster, our pits were pretty slow and we stopped more than we needed to. the sending unit died before we left so we had no idea of how much gas we had or what our range was with no drivetime on it. Looking forward to next year already. Gonna run the NorCal races at Prairie City over the summer and probably Glen Helen. Hopefully get a little more comfortable with the rig.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've watched many vids on YouTube. That sure looks like a good time. Good luck to you guys in the future!

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice Morgan, looks like fun, I think I'll be checking out the races at prairie city this year, probably no participating, just going to watch for now