RCV Raptor Front Axle Shafts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about GEN 3 , but i have two sets porbably 1st GEN and im struggling from one work shop to another , i have spent too much money because of these axles (bearing, actuators..etc) all got destroyed because of these..

Here today pic , just came out from dealer today after installing them with bands (as previous ones did not have any bands so they sent me bands claiming it should fix the problem) but same shit happened again , the grease leaked out and for some strange reason it only happens when i put the 4WD on !!

I bought mine via SDHQ and they have been really helpful in getting me another set but the issue was in that those sets were first gen i.e. cant cope with top perch !

Im going to put a thread with updates and more pics as there was something other than boot leak which i will intend to share later in a different thread

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
OP
OP
Filthy Motorsports

Filthy Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to reiterate, we do not recommend (or sell) RCV shafts for long travel raptors and this should include Raptors sitting on the top perch because it causes the shafts to permanently run at a higher misalignment.

We make this very clear to anyone that orders them and maybe that is why we've had great luck with them. :waytogo:

Just like with anything else, you gotta use your parts the way they were designed and intended.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to reiterate, we do not recommend (or sell) RCV shafts for long travel raptors and this should include Raptors sitting on the top perch because it causes the shafts to permanently run at a higher misalignment.

We make this very clear to anyone that orders them and maybe that is why we've had great luck with them. :waytogo:

Just like with anything else, you gotta use your parts the way they were designed and intended.

i wish rcv had said the shafts could not be used on top perch. but they
continually stated to me that the rcv axles can be used on top perch with no problems. even after 2 sets were installed in my truck. so i did use the parts they way rcv says they were designed and intended.

as for the metal band. they said that would stop the leakage. even though the band strikes the lower control arm at full droop.. no that did not help a bit

Last edited:

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with beemerman, in fact their website says it clearly " Ultimate IFS CV Axles provide increased range of articulation for vehicles modified with a lift kit or long-travel suspension"

OP
OP
Filthy Motorsports

Filthy Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just like with anything else, that's why we never go off of what a manufacturer's marketing department decides to write on their website :blah:

We decided a long time ago to only sell products that we've used and have personal experience with. Wish more places were like that.

Agree with beemerman, in fact their website says it clearly " Ultimate IFS CV Axles provide increased range of articulation for vehicles modified with a lift kit or long-travel suspension"

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
It's because they don't spin when the truck is in 4x4. Unless the hubs are actuated the front axles don't spin.

I'm less concerned with the grease, and more concerned with the 931 CV on the inner side of the unit.

Not sure about GEN 3 , but i have two sets porbably 1st GEN and im struggling from one work shop to another , i have spent too much money because of these axles (bearing, actuators..etc) all got destroyed because of these..

Here today pic , just came out from dealer today after installing them with bands (as previous ones did not have any bands so they sent me bands claiming it should fix the problem) but same shit happened again , the grease leaked out and for some strange reason it only happens when i put the 4WD on !!

I bought mine via SDHQ and they have been really helpful in getting me another set but the issue was in that those sets were first gen i.e. cant cope with top perch !

Im going to put a thread with updates and more pics as there was something other than boot leak which i will intend to share later in a different thread