Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors > Filthy Motorsports
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Filthy Motorsports

Ford Raptor Long Travel Air Bag Kits!

This is a discussion on Ford Raptor Long Travel Air Bag Kits! within the Filthy Motorsports forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forum Supporting Vendors category!
Joe, I'm sorry you've had bad luck with this kit but again, this kit is not designed for racing or ...

User Tag List

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Joe, I'm sorry you've had bad luck with this kit but again, this kit is not designed for racing or to be a substitute for hydraulic bump stops.

The kit is called a long travel air bag kit because it doesn't limit droop travel like other airbag kits. If you read our product description at the top again, you will see that this is listed clearly.

You can't get upset at a product for not doing something it wasn't designed to do.

Originally Posted by any joe View Post
The Threads Title is Long Travel Air Bag Kits.....NOT Air Bag Kits...... Because what you just posted states thay are Air Bag Kits. They were never intended and there is no misunderstanding about using them for bump stops. I pull a 26' enclosed race trailer so they were intended to incraese load capacity but i was told they will not hinder the offroad ability of the raptor. This is not true !! The only misuderstanding is the LONG TRAVEL AIR BAG KIT!!! that is really just a air bag kit with a goffy pad for the bag to sit on. So the only misunderstanding you cleared up was that these are really not a long travel air bag kit.

oh and thanks mwright

This. Thank you.

Originally Posted by bstoner59 View Post
C'mon guys, you are all a little smarter than this! There is no magic kit that will allow you to tow an 8,000+ lb trailer and still pretend you have a trophy truck in the dirt. Either your main focus is towing or high speed offloading. You can't have it both ways and be 100% happy doing both. I see these as a perfect fit for someone that has an RV trailer that would like to cruise the back roads and maybe do some light offloading while camping. Maybe Death Valley or Anza Borrego. Not everybody wants to pretend their Raptor is a TT and beat the piss out of it. Some guys just want to enjoy the ride on road and off. For a guy with a stock truck that needs a little help towing, this seem more than adequate. If you're going to get after it or have upgraded suspension then this prob isn't the kit.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Filthy Motorsports View Post
Thanks for the input guys, although, I think there is a bit of misunderstanding here that I'd like to clear up:

Air bags are NOT intended to be a replacement for bump stops, they are for Raptor owners that use their trucks primarily for towing and hauling where increased load carrying capacity is needed.

For aggressive off-road driving there is no substitute for the RPG Rear Frame Support and Bump Stop Kit

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Also, all PMs returned, thanks for the orders!
I have to agree with anyjoe on this one. The implication given in the title was why I opened this thread. But this is not a long travel anything.
Thank you for clearing up the intended purpose of this product and I do agree with you on the bump stop statement for sure. As we are talking about vendor products that DO work in this type of application. (higher speed off roading and toeing) One might consider this package.
SDHQ Ford Raptor Rear Long Travel Air Bag System
No sacrifice in wheel movement at all. Increased toeing ability and it will all but eliminate the dreaded wheel hop.
Round that out with a set of Light racing Bumps and your ready..
SDHQ Ford Raptor Hydraulic Rear Bump Stop Setup with Mount

C'mon guys, you are all a little smarter than this! There is no magic kit that will allow you to tow an 8,000+ lb trailer and still pretend you have a trophy truck in the dirt. Either your main focus is towing or high speed offloading. You can't have it both ways and be 100% happy doing both. I see these as a perfect fit for someone that has an RV trailer that would like to cruise the back roads and maybe do some light offloading while camping. Maybe Death Valley or Anza Borrego. Not everybody wants to pretend their Raptor is a TT and beat the piss out of it. Some guys just want to enjoy the ride on road and off. For a guy with a stock truck that needs a little help towing, this seem more than adequate. If you're going to get after it or have upgraded suspension then this prob isn't the kit.
I disagree (see above) you can keep all factory movement and add to performance..

Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Im sorry but SDHQ has a long travel air bag kit that is exactly what they say it is. And again for clairifacation I NEVER WANTED TO USE THEM AS BUMP STOPS!!!! Since you did not seem to see that on the last post.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
If you have $1,900 to spend on an airbag kit, then yes, the SDHQ kit is definitely the way to go.

However, many of the calls I get on this kit are from people that have looked at the SDHQ kit but simply can't justify that much money to be able to haul a camper or trailer to the campsite.

I never said that this is the ultimate best ever magic airbag kit of all time, I simply stated that is our favorite solution to the problem of adding a little load capacity and not limiting droop travel.

Is this kit for everyone? No. But for those that want to find a balance between load capacity and off-road performance, this is a great option.

Originally Posted by wiz1500 View Post
I disagree (see above) you can keep all factory movement and add to performance..
Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

There is a system that is much better for this and comes much closer to to the advertised claim of an off road airbag "longtravel system"...

Here it is
Old 07-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Read the post just above yours...

Originally Posted by GoMuscles View Post
There is a system that is much better for this and comes much closer to to the advertised claim of an off road airbag "longtravel system"...

Here it is
Old 07-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

Originally Posted by GoMuscles View Post

Here it is
Did you read my post? The factory suspension has limitations. If you are looking to change the suspension then the SDHQ kit is better.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Wiz, I said increasing hauling/towing ability and increasing off road ability. Other than adding a removable system, like SDHQ's, what is out there. SDHQ is adding a towing system that cannot be used off-road. What kind of system is there, that is permanent, that increases towing and off-road performance?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Wiz, I said increasing hauling/towing ability and increasing off road ability. Other than adding a removable system, like SDHQ's, what is out there. SDHQ is adding a towing system that cannot be used off-road. What kind of system is there, that is permanent, that increases towing and off-road performance?
I'm not sure I under stand what your saying my friend.. The SDHQ system is totally designed for off road use and doesn't need to be removed. It actually helps performance off road because it will hinder wheel hop. Then when you need to tow you air up the bags and pull your trailer. The only thing ever being removed is "air" Click the link and read brother..
any joe likes this.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

does it come in shmedium?

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure that has to be removed for hard core offloading. Maybe I misunderstood. If so, I stand corrected.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This is a horrendous thread jack. Also, that SDHQ setup would be torn off in no time, the hangers are what looks to be at least 3-4" below the hitch.
bstoner59 likes this.