Will the raptor increase pricing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dollar for dollar, stock and well taken care off beats modified all day long.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Dollar for dollar, stock and well taken care off beats modified all day long.

Think most dealers on a trade could care less about the mods and will probably give you 10% on the dollar unless they understand the mod market. Having just stock like anything else appeals to a larger audience and is more attractive to a dealer.
But if privately to someone that knows the cost of mods done could help resale but limited buyers of course.

I am at the point that I don't think I will get rid of mine and eventually get something else as my DD.

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree, it will depend on the condition of your truck, the mileage etc. The next generation won't be out for several years..... So the Raptor will hold it's value better compared to other trucks. Look at Raptor compared to a comparable F150 of the same year, they have depreciated much less since day one. But if you modify the hell out of your truck, I agree that will hurt it's resale value compared to non modified.

lets put it to the test. Ill sell mine now 46k with 2700 miles. Ready go

ryerle23`

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was in the dealership i bough from today. About 13 months ago I payed invoice +$750. Today, they had a red screw similarly optioned for MSRP + 9K market adjustment for a total of $63K. So yes prices have increased

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think most dealers on a trade could care less about the mods and will probably give you 10% on the dollar unless they understand the mod market. Having just stock like anything else appeals to a larger audience and is more attractive to a dealer.
But if privately to someone that knows the cost of mods done could help resale but limited buyers of course.

I am at the point that I don't think I will get rid of mine and eventually get something else as my DD.

Hence I said dollar for dollar.

You spending $10k on aftermarket upgrades does not equate to a $10k higher resale value. Dealer valuation of aftermarket items set aside, in reality, your aftermarket upgrades will depreciate faster than the truck itself, increasing your resale "loss".

I believe the modifications most of us would do or be able to do to our trucks will only increase our "loss" come resale/trade in (recouping only a small portion of aftermarket item cost). There are only a few examples on this site, those who have gone completely "overboard" :smile:, where their modifications (if you can still call them that) have turned into a true positive or maybe even value added (IMHO of course).

Hence, a stock, unmolested, well taken care of example will appeal to a larger audience and have a better resale value (expressed as a percentage recouped compared to new).

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on the mods. Somthing like a clean VHF install and chase rack (happen to be the 2 mods I've done) if they look good and I mean factory good, shouldn't hurt the value.

Drilling holes in the roof, modifying the motor, etc will definitely hurt the resale.

It's a matter of how clean it's done I think.

When I sold my platinum back to the dealer (trade in) I took all the mods off (lift and winch kit and tires). Sold all that separate and gave the dealer a stock truck back.

--john

D

Deleted member 12951

Hence I said dollar for dollar.

You spending $10k on aftermarket upgrades does not equate to a $10k higher resale value. Dealer valuation of aftermarket items set aside, in reality, your aftermarket upgrades will depreciate faster than the truck itself, increasing your resale "loss".

I believe the modifications most of us would do or be able to do to our trucks will only increase our "loss" come resale/trade in (recouping only a small portion of aftermarket item cost). There are only a few examples on this site, those who have gone completely "overboard" :smile:, where their modifications (if you can still call them that) have turned into a true positive or maybe even value added (IMHO of course).

Hence, a stock, unmolested, well taken care of example will appeal to a larger audience and have a better resale value (expressed as a percentage recouped compared to new).

I've kept all my stock parts. My thought is yeah, I would have to pay labor again to take all the aftermarket parts off and install stock thus losing more money. But then I can sell those to another FRF member who I would rather it go to then give to a dealer. Even though it will be some trouble to do that and might be a wash (in comparison of what a dealer would give), it will give me a good feeling that I was helping the FRF member community.