Transit time updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBH

Reaction score
How often does the railroad update their delivery schedule to Ford? Truck is on a rail car and delivery window has been pushed back once. I'm trying to set up my schedule to be in town the week it is supposed to be delivered but I don't want to keep calling dealership or SVT every couple days if they only get a weekly update. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my experience, the rail updates daily (as long as it moves, duh). My truck moved nicely on rail, but hit a delay (almost a week) by waiting to be loaded onto a carrier.

JUNKY

Reaction score
Based on my experience, the rail updates daily (as long as it moves, duh). My truck moved nicely on rail, but hit a delay (almost a week) by waiting to be loaded onto a carrier.

So I called and SVT said no update since the 8th. Does that mean the truck didnt move all week?

muddy00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they say it was on the train still or waiting on a truck. Mine made good progress on rain updates but trucking co did not update till it was delivered.

JUNKY

Reaction score
They just said the last update, the truck was on the train and that was the 8th. Expected delivery is 14th-20th.

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree. My updates stopped once trucking company took possession. Had my dealership contact the carrier to get status and eventually bump the priority. Mine has sat unloaded from last Saturday until today. Carrier company has said it will unload/load today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JBH

Reaction score
I followed the updates as it checked in at rail stations and was fortunate that the terminal was only 13 miles from the dealer. It arrived late Sunday night and the transport company took it to the dealer on the Tuesday load. It took about 2-1/2 weeks to get from Dearborn.

JUNKY

Reaction score
My truck is sitting in melvindale and has been there since the 8th. Does any one know why its just sitting there on a rail car and not moving?